Agis Star Trek Attack Wing repaints + Kirk!

Discuss 1/3900, 1/7000 and other miniatures here.
AAN
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Agis Star Trek Attack Wing repaints + Kirk!

Post by AAN »

1st post here! My interest in Star Trek was recently re-ignited; Beyond was OK, a new TV Series is announced and Modiphius Entertainment announced the development of Star Trek Adventures!

Time to dig out ST Attack Wing and give the ships the same repaints as my X-Wing minis.
Romulan Warbird out of the basic starter box and the Scout expansion ship.

Klingon Raptor - one of my favorite ENT era ships!

Federation USS Enterprise E - model is a bit sloppy and difficult to repaint, the ship design is IMO the most beautiful Enterprise, closely followed by the NX-01.

AND - Modiphius Entertainment announced the development of Star Trek Adventures!
https://www.modiphius.com/star-trek.html
I managed to get the promotional Kirk and Picard miniatures, took my minutes to clean them up and prime them - since both are one piece casts, including the textured base! After that Kirk was painted.

Both miniatures are of incredible good quality. They follow the current trend in miniatures for more realistic proportions, live AvP or Warzone. The comparison picture below clearly shows it:
From left to right: Imperial Assault Han, Modiphius Kirk, Decipher Worf, GW Space Marine. The Marine looks almost comical with his over enhanced proportions!

I absolutely enjoyed painting Kirk. To enhance the clean look of Trek I did not highlight the mini to much, I went for a more muted and -hopefully- realistic look, that is also the reason why the eyes are just painted dark.

Highly recommended I can only hope for a lot of releases from this range!

As always more on my site: https://www.adpublishing.de/html/star_trek.html
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - www.adpublishing.de
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Agis Star Trek Attack Wing repaints + Kirk!

Post by Moongrim »

Welcome aboard AAN, I look forward towards seeing more of your work.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
shiftdel
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by shiftdel »

Superb paint job, and the figure really look very realistic (good pose too).
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Fantastic work on those repaints. Love that Grey Knight too, BTW. ;)
AAN
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by AAN »

Big thanks folks, sorry for not replying, I forgot to activate the "Notify me when a reply is posted"…  :oops: :oops: :(
kobayashimaru wrote: … the muted green-grey on the warbird is excellent - is that off the shelf, or did you mix it yourself?
Very simple approach, I gave the mini a wash with GW Drakenhof Nightshade, after that GW Base Waagh with more and more with mixed in.
kobayashimaru wrote: do you play Fleet Captains or ST:Tactics as well? do you have any custom models? I'm looking forward to seeing your customizing projects
No to both. ;)
kobayashimaru wrote: what is your favorite faction to play?
I do not know yet, so far I have not played a game… I want to paint two full sets and then start.
kobayashimaru wrote: do you have the picard painted too?
Yes, see the posting below and my site.
kobayashimaru wrote: the Modiphius models are slightly smaller than 32mm 'heroic', … its a shame they aren't 1-2mm larger, yet its worth it for the detail alone! :D
Fortunately Modiphius already announced that the production models will be a bit bigger.
kobayashimaru wrote: were you ever much into Perry Rhodan and the deutsch-kateers?
I am a PR fan since 1970, got many novel from an uncle , I stopped reading in the 90s, recently I started again via some audio books. You can see some PR mini from me here: https://www.adpublishing.de/html/retro_sf.html

But what are deutsch-kateers?
AAN
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by AAN »

OK, as promised Jean Luc gets his colours:
Another great sculpt, I am absolutely looking forward to these minis and the RPG!

Federation USS Prometheus - model is again a bit sloppy and difficult to repaint, the Prometheus design is always in good memory since the Voyager 414 “Message in a Bottle” episode!

Federation Constitution class cruiser “NCC 1701 - Enterprise” - ADB (former Mongoose) Starline 2500 model.

The model is reasonable good but the cast is not as good some other models of the line, I presume since everybody interested in the miniature line wants an Enterprise, the mold is very well used. Consequently the model was a challenge to build. Warped disk, flash, rough surfaces etc.

But all in all I like the ship! And the smaller ships from the line are in much better shape.
Federation Ortega class War Destroyer “NCC 701 - Mandela” - ADB (former Mongoose) Starline 2500 model.

Klingon Vor’Cha class ship, right out of the STAW starter box.

Klingon D7 cruiser - ADB (former Mongoose) Starline 2500 model. The ActA SF line of minis is now owned by ADB. The model is reasonable good. Not a scale model but a tough all metal wargaming piece. I am planning a small 1500 pts Klingon fleet that will also use some Raptors from the 21st C ENT era, so I added the additional support rods for each warp nacelle. I will do similar hyperdetailing for the whole fleet to give them a unique and hopefully cool “before TOS” look.

The D7 was the standard cruiser of the Klingon Deep Space Fleet. It was designed as a tough warship with a good turn mode and lots of Marines and transporters for boarding actions and hit-and-run raids. In many ways it is THE iconic Klingon ship.

It is also one of the most often showed ship models in Star Trek with a lot of continuity problems (see: The Everlasting Klingon Battlecruiser -> https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/artic ... ruiser.htm).

F5 Frigate - ADB (former Mongoose) Starline 2500 model

The 22nd century Romulan Droneship and Warbird. From Enterprise 4 Episodes 12-14.

As always more on my site: https://www.adpublishing.de/html/star_trek.html
shiftdel
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by shiftdel »

I see the rest of your stuff ANN, really you are a master on painting, wonderful miniatures, wish I could have half your skill :)
AAN
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by AAN »

Next one...

Federation Manta Ray class New Fast Cruiser “NCC 1603 - Sting Ray” - ADB (former Mongoose) Starline 2500 model.

More as always on my site: https://www.adpublishing.de/html/star_trek.html

Return to “Gaming”