1/32 Bridge kit

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: 1/32 Bridge kit

Post by el gato »

:dancingbanana:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Well a preview. If it looks a touch wonky it is. It is held together with fun-tac. I want to cast it as separate pieces. I'm not making a bridge full the hard way.
chair6.png
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

I need to do a bit of noodling here.

I grabbed a hand full of spring clips and tossed one half of the bridge together. The fit on this thing is infamous. But yea, worse than usual. Even the chair was not into standing up for the job.

Now the Kongo has the bridge centerline the same as the ship. This will need a custom turbolift alcove. Frankly none of the images or plans I have seen are A: Conform with the exterior. B: Something I like. As the Kongo is not the Enterprise canon is not an issue. (The model piece does not conform with that either.)

The other end. There will be a door right next to the viewscreen. I have three turbolift doors one will get used. The viewscreen in the kit is bad. That will get a scratch built replacement.

The other side mirrors the one shown sans the door by the viewscreen. Blank wall, some kind of status display or the like is indicated.

Now, I need to get into the Lego and clay and build a mold box for the chair.

In case it is not clear, comments and suggestions are welcome. I am really winging this one.
bridge01.png
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Mox
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by Mox »

Sorry to resurrect/hijack this, but does anyone have hi-res scans of the reissue kits decals?

Return to “Misc”