TOS Romulan BoP

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: TOS Romulan BoP

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

el gato wrote:Outstanding! Amazing! Seriously you did a fantastic job! :drool:

Bummer about the decals, but in a way it worked out for the best. With that paint job, your RBOP is 100% yours. Your work, your creativity, your vision. Awesome!
Thanks, El Gato! Thanks for the kind words! Yep it’s all mine!
mophius wrote:Very nice Steve. I hope I do as well with my first lighting kit.

Mo
Thanks, Mo! It was really scary at first, but once all the lights came on, it came to life! Never give up! :D
Tesral wrote:Impressive build indeed. I hope the model lasts a while.
Thanks, Tesral, me too! I put the resistors in for a 12V power supply and am running it on 9V, so, as far as the lights, I should be good. Plus, I don’t have any cats or small children to knock it off so I don’t see why it wouldn’t last a few years at least!
tdwi66 wrote:Outstanding work, and what a remarkable build! Bravo Steve!!! :D
Thanks, Tom! I appreciate the awesome words!
andyh wrote:You should be very proud of your achievement.

You still make models twice as quickly as I can get them done ;)

Andy
Thanks, Andy! Sometime slow is better! More time to get it right! :lol:

Thanks, Guys for the wonderful feedback! I hope to jump back on my NSEA Protector soon!

For the Praetor’s Glory! (Sounds like a good name for the ship!)

Steve
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

Well, I know this thread is a bit old and needs some maintenance and, since I intend to fix the links from the Photobucket money grab anyway, I thought I would post here again.

I attended the IPMS San Antonio Regional show Model Feista over the weekend and, while transport to and from the show was without incident, an accident occured while I was trying to put the ship back on the shelf. I'd blame the cat, but I don't have one. I was trying to run a power supply to the ship when I tripped over the power cord and caused the ship to take a nose dive onto my desk. I thought I would show my damage and repairs here as part of the thread.

Unless Mods would rather I start a new thread.

The most notable damage was the dorsal fin was broken off.

Image20180220_061001

Image20180220_164910

It looks like I can re-seat the thing and putty, sand and paint with little effort.

The ventral hull however will take a more creative approach.

Image20180220_164256

I will probably have to put a filler (PPP?) in the seam again, with some glue, and sand and paint the area, too.

The Port Nacelle also has a gap in it; one I had previously filled with Millput. I may look around on the desk to see if I can find the piece.

Image20180220_164338

But, it could have been worse - much worse. All said, it held together well and all of the lights still work! Woohoo!

Image20180220_164928

Stay tuned as I try another restoration attempt!

Steve
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Mostly dodged that one. Good luck with the collision repair.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

I almost cried when I read this. :cry:
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

I had a similar experience a few months ago. I was futzing with the battery box attached to my Leif Ericson on its perch on the topmost shelf above my workbench in the garage. This shelf is a good 8 feet above the floor with two shelves below it. Anyway, I somehow caused the righthand support bracket to unlock from its tabs in the channel that it locks into and the shelf collapsed on the right side. Luckily I was quick enough to grab the Leif before it slid off the shelf.
Unfortunately, I lost my 1/537 (?) scale Enterprise Refit, the lights and sound one I bought from a magazine ad and built decades ago. Anyway, it hit the concrete and broke into about 4 pieces. I picked it up and realized the lights still worked, everything was dangling by wires. This model was painted a medium neutral gray with no aztecing or any of the pearlescent colors the refit is so famous for. Basically I kept it around to show myself how far I have come with my modeling skills since I built it. There was also some damage to my1/2500 scale fleet on the shelf below but nothing major I couldn't repair. Fortunately, the lowest shelf was unharmed or I would have seen all my Batmobiles crashing to the floor along with Christine, Uncle Martin's spaceship, and Speed Racer's Mach 5. As it was, I lost the big Refit but since I had grown tired of looking at it in its ugly greyness it was not that big of a loss for me. I placed it reverently in a box, said a few hail Roddenberry's over it, and placed it in my attic.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

trekriffic wrote:I almost cried when I read this. :cry:
Me too! Best of luck with the repairs, Steve!
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

Tesral wrote:Mostly dodged that one. Good luck with the collision repair.
Tesral - mostly dodged means slightly didnt!
;) Thanks!
Thanks for the sympathies! I know you were with me through every post!

Sorry to hear about you 537 Disaster. I think you should try and fix it anyway.
el gato wrote:
Me too! Best of luck with the repairs, Steve!
Thanks, El Gato! Im gonna try.

Steve
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Did you ever get him repaired? I'm hoping so, as this was a sweet build.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

Griffworks wrote:Did you ever get him repaired? I'm hoping so, as this was a sweet build.
Not as yet. I did do some patching with Perfect Plastic Putty (PPP) and glued the shell back together. I'm trying to figure out how to sand and finish smooth without damaging too much of the Bird's tail. I will also have to think how to repaint the hull color without having to repaint the bird, too.

:cry: sigh

But I have made some headway on the Ent C and may even have time to pick this one up again before my Big TOS E project!

Thanks for looking and asking!

Steve
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

MSgtUSAFRet wrote:
Griffworks wrote:Did you ever get him repaired? I'm hoping so, as this was a sweet build.
Not as yet. I did do some patching with Perfect Plastic Putty (PPP) and glued the shell back together. I'm trying to figure out how to sand and finish smooth without damaging too much of the Bird's tail. I will also have to think how to repaint the hull color without having to repaint the bird, too.

:cry: sigh

But I have made some headway on the Ent C and may even have time to pick this one up again before my Big TOS E project!

Thanks for looking and asking!

Steve
Oh man. You will love how the Big TOS E fits together after all your travails with this ill-fitting bird!

Return to “Misc”