Revell JJ-prise bargain

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Revell JJ-prise bargain

Postby andyh » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:23 am

I just found a 2nd JJprise for $45 only two streets from where I live!

Seeing as I've already got one on the bench, my question is.....how hard do you think it would be to change it into an Enterprise A? Do you think it would even be possible? Or is there more hope kitbashing it into some other design from the new Trek era?

Andy

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Revell JJ-prise bargain

Postby mophius » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:10 am

You could kitbash it to a Kelvin.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby mophius » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:23 am

scrub that. I have just seen that the engines and secondary hulls are way to different.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Postby Moongrim » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:04 pm

andyh wrote:I just found a 2nd JJprise for $45 only two streets from where I live!

Seeing as I've already got one on the bench, my question is.....how hard do you think it would be to change it into an Enterprise A? Do you think it would even be possible? Or is there more hope kitbashing it into some other design from the new Trek era?

Andy

Anything is possible.

Step one- find as many screen shots of the Dash A...
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:02 pm

You can bash it into the Beyond Enterprise. The nacelles were thinner, the pylons swept back and the impulse engine was larger.

Or you can send the kit to me and I'll figure it out :D
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Postby MEATLOAFr » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:25 am

sell it - wink wink
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

michelalano
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Postby michelalano » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:20 pm

Sort of off topic but this thread helped me finally pinpoint why I'm not super into the Kelvin Timeline Enterprise. I like the new movies ok and I don't HATE the new design. I've had my finger on the button to buy this model for some time but just haven't been able to do it.

In the age of digital modeling for vehicles in movies, they are designed much differently than before. I love poring over studio photos of ILM or whoever building the studio models for the refit, or the Enterprise D. I feel that this current lack of hands on process really affects the design of the final ship. We can suspend our knowledge of physics enough to believe that the enterprise's basic design (saucer, hull, 2 nacelles on pylons) makes sense. But many people I've talked to agree that the new enterprise's proportions are just plain wacky and without any kind of reason.

It also means that major proportions of the ship can change every movie, depending on what shots the director wants, independent of any kind of in-universe refitting or story correlation. There's also the size and scale discrepancy which leads me to assume that the designers don't really care. This, to me, strips the ship of any kind of identity. The Enterprise has always been treated as a major character in the franchise. She is the hero, the warrior, the trusty steed. I feel that the new films abandon this notion in favor of heightened superhero drama amongst the crew. But now I'm just starting to ramble...

I've been a Star Trek fan since I was a kid but I've mainly been in it for the ships, which is why I love modeling so much. I'll probably eventually build a JJPrise model, and I'll enjoy it. It's clear that it's fun, flashy and cool (I really love the action shots in the new films). But I guess I just had to rant a minute. :D

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby andyh » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:51 am

I ageee whole heartedly.

Andy

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Julien » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:45 am

Never like that ship...

But I've seen several build of it with the color scheme of the TOS Enterprise which looks great !

If I ever build that kit, that's what I'll do to... ;)

NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby NCC1966 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:34 pm

MEATLOAFr wrote:sell it - wink wink

:mrgreen:
Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “Misc”