1:1 Nomad

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
tmlindsey
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:22 am

1:1 Nomad

Postby tmlindsey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:15 am

Hey Guys!

Trying to get "back on the horse" since being laid off at the end of 2016. The subject was a request for an art gallery display, the video was shot/posted by my wife (I don't do too much fancy internet stuff :lol: ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAOpbjQ55B4

A few minor things about it bother me, but overall I'm fairly happy with it; especially for my first real attempt at scratch building anything for about 10 years!

Tim L
Tim L.

Griffworks
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 am
Location: Central Arkansas

Re: 1:1 Nomad

Postby Griffworks » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 am

Whoa! :shock: That's awesome!

Good to see you back and around, Tim! Miss your 1/2500 kits!

User avatar
Tesral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Posts: 2813
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: 1:1 Nomad

Postby Tesral » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:35 am

Tim good to see you are still out there.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

tmlindsey
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:22 am

Re: 1:1 Nomad

Postby tmlindsey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Griffworks wrote:Whoa! :shock: That's awesome!

Good to see you back and around, Tim! Miss your 1/2500 kits!


Thanks! :D

I'm still planning on doing a limited run of the 1/2500 kits that I still have molds for and one new 1/2500 item when I can get time to finalize the breakdown and master. I was about to start all of that when I was the contacted about the Nomad (and a couple of non-Trek items) and that's kept me very busy. They also want a 1:2 scale Nomad and I am working on that and another couple of other non-Trek items now, so it has to be squeezed in when time permits.

Tim L.
Tim L.

User avatar
andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:08 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: 1:1 Nomad

Postby andyh » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Very cool Nomad build there Tim :)

Andy

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5371
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: 1:1 Nomad

Postby el gato » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:48 pm

Wow! Extremely cool Nomad!

I also echo missing your kits. So much that I missed them the first round :lol: Won't happen again if they come back out into the market
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

tmlindsey
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:22 am

Re: 1:1 Nomad

Postby tmlindsey » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:09 am

el gato wrote:Wow! Extremely cool Nomad!
I also echo missing your kits. So much that I missed them the first round :lol: Won't happen again if they come back out into the market


Thanks :)

Still planning on a limited run for some of the kits in the future, but my wife and just started treatment for whiplash (rear-ended last weekend :( ), so that can is getting kicked down the road again since I'm told I can't use my arms/hands/back much for 6 weeks. Never rains but it pours :cry:

Tim L.
Tim L.

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5371
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: 1:1 Nomad

Postby el gato » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:17 am

I'm taking a deep breath and learning the art of zen, all while hearing David Carradine's voice tell me, "Patience grasshopper, patience..."

In all seriousness, I hope the rehab goes well for you & your wife. Your health comes first
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

tmlindsey
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:22 am

Re: 1:1 Nomad

Postby tmlindsey » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:24 pm

el gato wrote:I'm taking a deep breath and learning the art of zen, all while hearing David Carradine's voice tell me, "Patience grasshopper, patience..."
In all seriousness, I hope the rehab goes well for you & your wife. Your health comes first


Thanks. I'm not quite to this point yet, but I'm getting there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew :lol:

Tim L.
Tim L.

Griffworks
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 am
Location: Central Arkansas

Re: 1:1 Nomad

Postby Griffworks » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Sweet Christmas, that's lookin' More Gooder!

MOARPLZ!


Return to “Misc”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests