Board Update in Progress

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Scotchyn
3/4 Highlander, 1/4 Tamale

Board Update in Progress

Postby Scotchyn » Wed May 25, 2016 8:56 pm

Board update in Progress..have no fear

Scotchyn

Re: Board Update in Progress

Postby Scotchyn » Wed May 25, 2016 11:12 pm

The board is back up for now, still could be some outages as the plumbing is still having a go over

Lonewolf
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby Lonewolf » Mon May 30, 2016 3:26 am

Just run some Rid-X through the system. That'll clean everything out. :o
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby DefiantClient » Tue May 31, 2016 5:35 pm

Fancy new look! The updated forum came up on my mobile before my browser. If anyone is having the same problem, clear your cache. It may be different under different browsers, so Google is your friend for figuring that out.

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Postby Del » Tue May 31, 2016 5:54 pm

:evil: Not liking this at all. Can't figure out what stuff is, and it all just looks the same. No more AST graphic at the top. Hope this isn't the final look.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby DefiantClient » Tue May 31, 2016 6:20 pm

Lots of icons instead of text, Del. It's pretty much the trend lately. Thankfully hovering over icons (Edit for instance) lets you know what the button does.

The banner is at the top, but the resolution might need to be lowered or the setting for the forum should be bumped up. I don't know how this all works, admittedly. The PHPBB logo being bigger than ALL SCALE TREK is a little weird too.

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Postby Del » Tue May 31, 2016 6:55 pm

DefiantClient wrote:Lots of icons instead of text, Del. It's pretty much the trend lately. Thankfully hovering over icons (Edit for instance) lets you know what the button does.

The banner is at the top, but the resolution might need to be lowered or the setting for the forum should be bumped up. I don't know how this all works, admittedly. The PHPBB logo being bigger than ALL SCALE TREK is a little weird too.

Just tired of everything changing for the sake of changing. The graphic wasn't displaying at all before. Now it is, but it's shifted to one side and like you said, the phpBB is HUGE, which is a giant distraction from the actual title of the forum. Icons suck because they're different on every forum instead of standardizing so we know what the heck we're looking at. I don't come here for the pretty icons, I come here to see what you are all doing.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby DefiantClient » Tue May 31, 2016 8:09 pm

I completely understand the frustration, but this could have been a thing that had to be implemented if the forum software was in need of a full update. The adjustment may suck, but I'm willing to get used to it so I can keep up with you and the others.

I'd rather have updates like this over Starship Modeler's archaic forum model any day of the week. Still not allowing pics to be posted directly to a post like we do here (and every other forum these days) is such an old way of thinking.

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Postby trekriffic » Tue May 31, 2016 8:42 pm

DefiantClient wrote:I completely understand the frustration, but this could have been a thing that had to be implemented if the forum software was in need of a full update. The adjustment may suck, but I'm willing to get used to it so I can keep up with you and the others.

I'd rather have updates like this over Starship Modeler's archaic forum model any day of the week. Still not allowing pics to be posted directly to a post like we do here (and every other forum these days) is such an old way of thinking.

Yeah... I agree about SSM when it comes to not allowing images to be posted. One of the reasons I didn't post my Balance of Error parody on it. I mean, who wants to read one cell then have to click on a link to see the next one over and over and over and over and over... well... you get the idea.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

shiftdel
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby shiftdel » Tue May 31, 2016 10:25 pm

Hmmm, I can't see these changes... The only difference that I noticed is the change of the board font (it seems), and the menu that was on the left is now on the right...

There appears a notification that I have 1 private message to read, but when I click on it, the last one showed is from April, could it be because of the update?

Also I sent a private message yesterday that is still in my outbox, seems that was not sent at all...

Return to “Important”