Help AST by restoring your old threads

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Help AST by restoring your old threads

Postby Xen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:02 pm

As mentioned in a previous discussion (here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4467&p=59173#p59173) I would like your help on a 'resoration project'.

AST has accumulated a lot of really cool build threads, eye candy threads, with many contributing to the collective. Unfortunately, even though AST does NOT 'purge' threads, I think a lot of folks just assume we do and perhaps ignore the search option as well.

If you happen be an original poster (or contributor to a great thread) please do your best to seek them out and list them here.

The goal is to create a new forum for the most amazing builds we have accumulated over the last 5 years, as folks swapped ideas and experiences. The same for pure eye candy and threads rich in problem solving hints and tips.

If RL ever lets up on me then perhaps I can do more (or get someone else to take over). Personally I would like the tag option many sites have, but with a selection of default tags and maybe one custom tag. The idea behind that would be to really streamline the process of checking out what you want to see, with the click of a button. A member gallery and general gallery might be nice as well. AST was never meant to just be a forum, but we've done 'okay' considering it is what it is, and the only promotion has been word of mouth.

I have a couple of really exciting contest ideas (which could be nothing special, but that's for you to decide), which I will share as of when I feel I am able to 'course correct' the little tank engine that is AllScaleTrek. ;)

Last bumped by Xen on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:02 pm.

Return to “Important”