Diamond Select Star Trek III Phaser

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Diamond Select Star Trek III Phaser

Post by Lonewolf »

Thanks for the update and review. I was considering ordering one, but now I will hold off until the price comes down.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Shark
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Shark »

Lonewolf wrote:Thanks for the update and review. I was considering ordering one, but now I will hold off until the price comes down.
You're welcome, Lonewolf. :)
Shark
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Shark »

kobayashimaru wrote:@Shark
thanks for that in-depth insight there,
and that explains a lot of the harsher stuff people have been saying elsewhere (there's a lot of kavetching about this particular release, because of the "what the?!" factor).

I'm going to hold-off on getting more of them, but they'd be excellent to get as 'extras' props,
or as set-dressing etc. And, they do look like a perfect base to kitbash or refine (maquis maybe use these),
as I've already seen a few take it apart and start adding weight or changing the trigger.

Do you know if the re-release of the TNG romulan disruptor is happening soonish (ie, before the end of '17)?
If this kit was this level of quality... I'm having doubts they'll get to the Rommie disruptor...
I wasn't aware they had released or were releasing a Romulan Disruptor! I know they're doing the "Cobrahead" (TNG season 3-7) Phaser; but that'll likely not come out till 2020... or later. :lol:
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Well I got the replacement, and this one does work. four firing sounds, lights and overload.. The speaker is badly placed and muffles the sound when the phaser one is attached to the phaser two.

Shape? It's my favorite of the various phasers.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “General Trek”