A couple of ideas I'm considering doing...

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
pengbuzz
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

A couple of ideas I'm considering doing...

Post by pengbuzz »

Well, a while back, i designed out the phasers to be used for personnel in my series "Star Trek: Alpha Centauri":

Thinking about making at least a hand phaser prop. Will be developing this as I go....
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: A couple of ideas I'm considering doing...

Post by Moongrim »

Pardon my obtuseness, but when exactly did phasers need to come with warp fields?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
pengbuzz
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by pengbuzz »

Moongrim wrote:Pardon my obtuseness, but when exactly did phasers need to come with warp fields?

Not at all, Monogrim: you have a valid question. The phasers the Federation had during the time of the U'vath attack were useless against them (both hand and ship-mounted). In the story, Starfleet had been experimenting with a new type of phaser where the beam is accelerated through a warp-field. This makes the phasers usable during warp flight, increases their power, and as they discovered in the story, made them the only energy weapon that could affect the U'vath.

More info here:

https://startrekalphacentauri.weebly.com/weapons.html
pengbuzz
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by pengbuzz »

Serin019 wrote:Ohhh.. I like that hand phaser!
Thanks! I think it came out better than the rifle; we'll see how revisions go when I get a spare moment.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Thanks for the info Pegnbuzz! It's nice to have a wee bit of technobabble to explain their design. :D

I'm cool with that.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
pengbuzz
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by pengbuzz »

Moongrim wrote:Thanks for the info Pegnbuzz! It's nice to have a wee bit of technobabble to explain their design. :D

I'm cool with that.
You're welcome. :) It's an idea I toyed with for some time, but found justification for in the story that I've been working on for over a year and a half now.

Return to “General Trek”