Bluetooth Combadge

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Bluetooth Combadge

Post by Moongrim »

File this into the "What took it so long", category.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jmgi/

Star Trek TNG Bluetooth Combadge.
We've had a screen-accurate prop replica ST:TNG badge in our closet for a while. The only thing it was missing was the ability to emit the classic communicator chirp sound effect when we pressed it.

And then we found out an audio company is making a fully-functioning officially-licensed communicator badge. Behold the Star Trek TNG Bluetooth® ComBadge. It hooks up to your phone or device via Bluetooth® and has a built-in microphone for hands-free calling. Once connected, one touch answers/ends calls, plays/pauses audio, or accesses Siri, Google Now, or Cortana. And, of course, a touch plays that classic communicator sound effect. Warning: you're going to want to keep the micro-USB charging cable handy right after you receive this, because making it chirp is well-nigh irresistible.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Bluetooth Combadge

Post by DefiantClient »

Very cool tech, but I never used the earpiece and probably wouldn't use this. I only just got some bluetooth headphones after finally getting fed up with breaking my wired ones... and then they broke because of my big head. :lol:

That being said, though probably not for adult me (I would have loved this as a kid!) this is really cool and I'm glad blootooth tech is cheap enough to get this piece of merchandise under $100.
TrekMD
Head of Starfleet Medical
Head of Starfleet Medical

Post by TrekMD »

I saw this and I think it is really cool.
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

I need a new phone.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “General Trek”