MODULAR MODELS- Defunct-not. Silent Running.

Manufacturers, retailers and general resources.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

MODULAR MODELS- Defunct-not. Silent Running.

Postby Moongrim » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:14 pm

http://www.modular-models.com/

I've been waiting two months to get a reply to any of the half dozen or so emails I've sent to him.- de nada.

I've ordered stuff from him in the past- and yes he's slow, but he'd always answer an email.
I notice that his copyright on his website ended in 2014.

So I'm curious if anyone else has done any business with him in the last two years?
If you could- please list the dates you did.

Because I seem to be persona non-grata to him. Nonetheless- I do wish him well. But if I don't get so much as a nibble from him in the next month- I'll be filing a complaint with Paypal.
Last edited by Moongrim on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Richard Baker
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Re: MODULAR MODELS- Defunct?

Postby Richard Baker » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:37 pm

Modular Models is still around and producing things, just shipping slow and not communicating with customers well.
There was a thread started over on SSM which was not naming names at the beginning but about a third down on the page linked below it revealed that Modular Models was the company in question (and MM's sort of aggressive response)

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/vie ... c&start=60

I can understand how life happens and that most Garage Kit companies are operated, but communication is essential with the customer. Just let us know things are delayed and it's OK, silence an be scary (I have lost some funds buying from a company which started off with silence then just disappeared entirely).

Anyway, Modular Models is still up and running, just not shipping fast and not responding to most inquiries.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Richard Baker wrote:Modular Models is still around and producing things, just shipping slow and not communicating with customers well.
There was a thread started over on SSM which was not naming names at the beginning but about a third down on the page linked below it revealed that Modular Models was the company in question (and MM's sort of aggressive response)

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/vie ... c&start=60

I can understand how life happens and that most Garage Kit companies are operated, but communication is essential with the customer. Just let us know things are delayed and it's OK, silence an be scary (I have lost some funds buying from a company which started off with silence then just disappeared entirely).

Anyway, Modular Models is still up and running, just not shipping fast and not responding to most inquiries.

Then I will stand down, and work on developing patience.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Richard Baker
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Postby Richard Baker » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Some Garage Kit companies are more complicated to deal with- just because someone is creative as heck does not make them a perfect businessman.
If I ever order directly I do not plan on using the materials for quite a while, I have enough projects to keep me busy.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:05 pm

I've dealt with him before. Slow? Oh hell yeah.
But he's always repiled- before.
Federation Models- comes with a tracking number.
Starship Modeler- automatic receipt.

My main problem- no indication that anything is occurring other than the fact that Paypal indicates he got payment.
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Richard Baker wrote:Some Garage Kit companies are more complicated to deal with- just because someone is creative as heck does not make them a perfect businessman.
If I ever order directly I do not plan on using the materials for quite a while, I have enough projects to keep me busy.

Thanks for taking the time for the info and headsup.
- J.L.Picard.

Richard Baker
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Postby Richard Baker » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:57 pm

He does do fantastic work and his idea of just selling just the parts you want for a custom build is brilliant.
I still covet his Workbee train kits myself.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby DefiantClient » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:55 pm

This is really sad. Ziz was active on the different forums when the Thomas Models thing was happening. How the hell has he not learned from those mistakes?!

Moongrim

Re: MODULAR MODELS- Defunct-not. Silent Running.

Postby Moongrim » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:53 pm

They arrived.

Fed 2.jpg

So conclusion: if you order from Modular Models. Expect to be kept in the dark for a LONG time.
- J.L.Picard.

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: MODULAR MODELS- Defunct-not. Silent Running.

Postby Kremin » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:23 pm

He seems to be having a hissy fit on his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ModularModels/

Return to “Links”