I don't recall if I ever said hello.

New to the forum? Tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here.
Hossfly72
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

I don't recall if I ever said hello.

Post by Hossfly72 »

If not, a belated "hello" to you from the (currently frigid) Gulf Coast, in beautiful Mobile, Alabama!
I'm originally from Memphis, spent 1 and 1/2 years in Charlotte, NC then 11 in Nashville and have been here since 2004.
Just curious if there might be anybody around me down here in Mobile? I met a few airliner model builders when I went through that phase, but haven't met any 1/2500 scale Star Trek model builders down here yet. If you're close, send me a message and say hi or look me up in the 1/2500 or 1/1000 scale forums.
i don't know. I'm making it up as I go.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: I don't recall if I ever said hello.

Post by NCC1966 »

Hello there! Actually and to tell you the truth I never paid much attention to the fact that you are a newcomer and your posts always sounded to me as if you were aboard for some time already!

:)

Now about to be "around" it all depends on the size of the circle radius you are referring to. If you extend it to 4600 miles or so we can tell that I am around!

:lol:
Thanks,

Yan.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Belated welcome aboard!

I was in Mobile, during my time at Keesler AFB/Biloxi, during a simulated disaster relief run. And THAT was way back in 1990. So we may have missed each other. :mrgreen:
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Hossfly72
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Hossfly72 »

Let's see... in 1990, I was still in Charlotte, NC.. I got here in November of 2004. Thought I was moving to the beach and would never put the top up on my Jeep... we get more rain than Seattle here!

And NCC1966, I have DREAMED of visiting Brazill (that's where you are isn't it?) for years. I did see the pics of the town you live in and drooled. Looks just like parts of Germany where my family came from!
i don't know. I'm making it up as I go.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Hossfly72 wrote:And NCC1966, I have DREAMED of visiting Brazill (that's where you are isn't it?) for years. I did see the pics of the town you live in and drooled. Looks just like parts of Germany where my family came from!
You will like it. Brasil is a rich destination in terms of things to see, do and enjoy. Being a continental country it is full of contrasts in terms of landscaping, people and weather. A good news for foreigners coming from Europe and North America is that cost of life here is VERY affordable — actually you will call it cheap. Specially food (also bed and transportation) is ridiculously cheap even for Brazilians, so coming from a place where you earn in Dollar or Euro you can have a near-to-King vacations.

Of course, as any place in the world you may want to know where you are stepping to not get in trouble. I would advise a guided travel package for the first timer and for the most adventurers that wish to travel by themselves look for hosting in family houses (through Airbnb). I totally discourage the backpack travel unless for that ones that already came here three or four times before and that are very familiarized with the local culture. I am not saying that Brasil is a dangerous place (it's not) but as all unknown destinations it for sure hides its pits. It's the same thing as I travel to New York, New Orleans, or other nice touristic destinations in USA and start wandering stupidly around... for sure I will end getting in some place where I should not be!

My town is a microclimate instance in the middle of Sao Paulo state and it was made yes in the Europe style (Germany and Switzerland). There is an interesting curiosity about my town. The downtown is called "Abernessia". This name came from a tribute that one of the founders wanted to make to his parents (from Scotlant). While her mother came from Aberdeen his father was from Inverness. So he joined the two places names and ended with Aberness that was adapted to Portuguese (our official language) as Abernessia.

:)
Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “Introductions”