Long over due introduction.

New to the forum? Tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here.
No Good modeler
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Long over due introduction.

Post by No Good modeler »

I never took the time to introduce myself, although I've been posting on the board for a couple of months now, so
here it goes.

My name is Craig, I am a 40 something year old male from Texas who currently resides in Austin.

My love for Star Trek 1/2500 scale started in 1990, I was 15 years of age. my mother was a apartment manager and a
thrifty scavenger. If residents left anything in the units after they moved out, we would search the units for
useful items. On one such occasion I found stuffed in a corner with a broken nacelle a TMP 1/2500 Connie, this
was the first time I had seen one so small. I took it home, re-arranged the pylon and nacelle sticking straight
up, added a piece from a Macross model, effectively kitbashing my first model without even knowing it.

However, this find got me thinking I needed more of these little models, so I found the first Enterprise 3 piece
kit and slapped it together with my meager skills. I also grabbed up the adversary 3 piece set.

I loved those ships and displayed them along side my SDF-1, aircraft carriers and Starblazer models!

Years went by and my modeling was sporadic at best, never really returning to the sacred scale or attempting
to hone my skills. I picked up the hobby for a little while around 1999-2000 putting together and painting many a
Macross and Gundam mech, until most of my free time went into music.

Around 2010 I decided to purchase a few Macross 1/100 scale Valkyries, slowly getting back into the hobby.
One day, a couple of years later, I was thinking about that original 3 piece model set and decided to see if I
could find it online. Lo and behold not only did I find it, but there were many more kits available, Ent-B's,
Ent-C's and Ent-E's with awesome new decals???? Don't mind if o do!!!!

And its been a downward spiral ever since. Every Christmas, birthday or special occasion. Star Trek 1/2500 models
Please!!!

Have a few extra bucks in the ole bank account? Resin ships please!!

What would happen if I made silicone molds? A big giant mess is what you get!!!

My modeling skills are still very basic, but by watching all of you and studying your posts, I'm learning. However

I like to share so yall will probably see every hunk of junk I put together, good or bad.

So, there ya go!
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Re: Long over due introduction.

Post by mophius »

Nice to meet you.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

welcome to AST, feel free to ask any question or search here for answers

but beware - some of here might bite :lol:
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Welcome aboard! Better late than never.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Welcome aboard pal!

:)
Thanks,

Yan.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

MEATLOAFr wrote:welcome to AST, feel free to ask any question or search here for answers

but beware - some of here might bite :lol:
That only happened once. Once....

Nice to meet you NGM! Keep posting your stuff. We like eye candy around here
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “Introductions”