Hello Everybody!

New to the forum? Tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here.
Dingbat
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Hello Everybody!

Post by Dingbat »

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking about on here for a long time and thought I'd post to introduce myself. First off of like to say thanks. You guys do amazing work and without your inspiration, I wouldn't have the drive to dive head first into my closet full of plastic toys. I love looking through the topics and saying "Oooo.. look what that guy did!"

I live up in the awesome state of Washington and work in the construction industry as a pipe fitter/welder. I have two boys (2 and 4) who take up the vast majority of my time when I'm not at work. I typically get maybe 6hrs a week to spend on the hobby and usually in small chunks of time. It kinda sucks trying to get anything done to say the least.

I'll be upfront with everyone and say I'm not a hard core trekkie. My first love is and probably always will be
DUN-DUN-DUNNNN!! Star wars. Whoa-whoa! Stop throwing stuff at me! It's not my fault, it's how I was raised! I do like the Trek universe though, especially the ships. The clean look and solid curves of the federation craft make a good switch from the junker "guts on the outside" look of most Star wars ships. I like both ideas of how spacecraft would/should/could look and they both have fun challenges to overcome hobby-wise. I have recently plunged into the realm of lighting these critters too. Unfortunately, my electronics skills are still basic at best so forgive me if I ask silly questions or make rookie mistakes.

My plan is to have you fine people help motivate me to finish some of my projects. I have a plethora of opened boxes with ships in varying states of construction. The most glaring is my 1/1400 Ambassador (no name for her yet) that is my first attempt at lighting without fiber-optics. I'll begin a build thread shortly and post my progress after I SET up a way to post pics.

Anyway, you guys are awesome and I'm happy to be apart of this community.

Julian aka "Dingbat"
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Hello Everybody!

Post by Scotchyn »

Hi and welcome! we wont hold the Star Wars thing against ya ;)
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Hello Everybody!

Post by NCC1966 »

Welcome aboard, Dr. Bashir... ehr... Julian!

:D
Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “Introductions”