The Long Road of Kitbashing...

Tools and techniques used for preparation and assembly.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: The Long Road of Kitbashing...

Post by zookman »

ok then i dont feel so out of place ... got a ship i gotta get going on for someone and it needs a shuttle ( 10 man ) and a small 2 man scout craft with wings for atmospheric flight ... while scrounging my parts box i found a bag of trek parts .. 3 old paitialy assembled tos exploration kits .. got looking thought those and thought hey with a bubble canopy and a small set of wings and something to look like an engine in the back and small skids for landing .. the communicator as is would be perfect for the 2 man craft in 1/72 .. could even add in a cockpit from an old 2 seat aircraft kit or just scratch something up quick to look like a cockpit maybe a snowspeeder style canopy .. then the shuttle .. thought if i cut here and here an the phaser kit it would make a cool semi triangular craft .. just gotta make it a bit taller and add some greeblies and its done .. its a no frills freighter so things are utilitarian so to speak but will have a bit of style to them somehow lol
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Tesral wrote:
MEATLOAFr wrote:
el gato wrote:And should we start calling you an Agent of Shield? :P

don;t give him any idea's... he's busy enough, and easily distracttteedd....HEY A SQUIRREL, ohhh that's a shiny penny overthere
Squirrel class rapid random response ship!!!
Never mind that! Look, bright shiny light.

Must.

chase.

it.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

The problem with a Squirrel class starship- no one remembers where they parked the ship.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Moongrim wrote:The problem with a Squirrel class starship- no one remembers where they parked the ship.
Not to method the moon dogs chasing it all the time.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Tesral wrote:
Moongrim wrote:The problem with a Squirrel class starship- no one remembers where they parked the ship.
Not to method the moon dogs chasing it all the time.

or they keep having to put the captain's down for rabies
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!

Return to “Construction”