Canopy Glue "Formula 560" - Impressions

Painting methods, display options and general tweaks.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Canopy Glue "Formula 560" - Impressions

Post by Tesral »

NCC1966 wrote:
Tesral wrote:And it is brittle? I've never seen that.
I confess I found it weird too. My white glues always dry flexible like a hard rubber.

:?
Exactly. And I have used up many a bottle of Elmer's. Cleaned the dried stuff of the nozzle and so forth.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Tesral wrote:
NCC1966 wrote:
Tesral wrote:And it is brittle? I've never seen that.
I confess I found it weird too. My white glues always dry flexible like a hard rubber.

:?
Exactly. And I have used up many a bottle of Elmer's. Cleaned the dried stuff of the nozzle and so forth.
I would like to mention that not all white colored glue is "white glue". It seems to be obvious and stupid but such things can really be tricky sometimes. Being dealt with wood for some time when I was building my house furniture it happened to find once a white colored wood glue (for whose don't know traditionally wood glue is light yellow). But the fact is that when those glues are formulated they are all white to later to be dyed in the characteristic color. I think that one of the reasons is to avoid people to confuse it with regular white glue since the wood glue smells and feels VERY alike the white stuff, being the only difference that after dry it becomes very hard and brittle. It makes me think that there is a chance that the glue our mate is referring to MAY be white wood glue and not regular white glue. Just a guess.
Thanks,

Yan.
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Greyryder »

Nope. It's white glue. Sometimes the "School" glue. It always goes really hard, when I uses it for scenery. Dunno if it's a side effect of being thinned, or what. But, that's what I've seen with it.

Return to “Finishing”