Scratching a shuttle.

Scratchbuilding, kitbashing, reposing and other modifications.
Jon Kunatz
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Scratching a shuttle.

Post by Jon Kunatz »

Attempting a scratch of a trek shuttlecraft. The plans can be found on SSM, Clyde Jones tutorial on shuttle making...go find it.

Its an interesting challenge,...yeah its loaded with frustration....but its also fun. And Ill eventually end up with something unique.

"Did you say mattress? I did ask you not to,...now I have to get into the fish tank and sing."
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Scratching a shuttle.

Post by el gato »

Very nice! You've given it loads of detail
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Many enjoyable details.

No potties?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Greyryder »

Moongrim wrote:Many enjoyable details.

No potties?
Nah. This is Star Trek, they just beam it out. :P
Jon Kunatz

Post by Jon Kunatz »

The Head is in the cargo bay, behind the doors.

:lol:
"Did you say mattress? I did ask you not to,...now I have to get into the fish tank and sing."
Jon Kunatz

Post by Jon Kunatz »

The shuttle is just something ive been wanting to do for a while now. Yes Id agree its a TMP era shuttle---bridging the gap between TOS and TMP eras. The craft is not 100% accurate. I just build it to the materials I have on hand. I dont even have a decent spare parts box....I lost mine to some...issues a few years back. I still need to add pilot seats,...im debating ejection seats or scratching them...i think scratching them would be more consistent.
As for decals,...I may need to have JTGraphics make me a set for this thing, Ill probably call it shuttlecraft Geronimo.
Im not planning on lighting it,...im inexperienced in that area. I think ill have it on a diorama where the crew is surveying a strange planet....hopefully.

As for the AT-TE----Its the revell snap kit....under new management. Its not a bad kit, but it is over simplified and way to freakin small for my tastes. But what do you want for 20 bucks.

Return to “Customizing”