Excelsior Class kit bash

Scratchbuilding, kitbashing, reposing and other modifications.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Excelsior Class kit bash

Post by patrickivan »

Let's get the ball rolling in this category...

This is an old one I built that I'd like to share. The nacelles are from two markers from the dollar store and the rest is cut and paste from the excelsior along with some short strand fibreglass auto bondo.
Bigger images here if you click on the pic https://patrickivan.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... ek-models/
And the back ground I made up for her.

The new science exploration vessel commissioned into the United Federation of Planets’ Starfleet is modelled heavily on the Excelsior Class space frame. The Sir John Graves Simcoe Class is primarily a science exploration mission vessel comprising of a crew of 425, and on her maiden mission, 22 civilian scientists, and 34 passengers.

She is outfitted with experimental warp nacelles that each contain their own M/AR warp reactors. Further ship energy resources include 3 reactors located in the secondary hull, impulse reactor in the primary hull, and multiple emergency back-up batteries throughout the ship. This technology is based heavily on the old Constitution Class power system. Starfleets R&D bureau is continuing to experiment with centralize m/arc to power ship systems, and multiple systems.

Commissioned in 2295, USS Sir John Graves Simcoe has been dispatched for a 1.5 year mission explore and chart 3 newly discovered systems on the outer rim of the Federation.
trek66jrc
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Re: Excelsior Class kit bash

Post by trek66jrc »

Very Cool!!! :D
Go4Fun
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Go4Fun »

I really like this design a lot. I'd like to read your labels on the schematics and blue-prints but unfortunately I can't get them large enough to read.
Getting older is a cast iron.... Batch of brownies! :lol:
Burke
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Burke »

This is 1/2500 right?
martok2112
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by martok2112 »

Hey, that's purdy durned cool! :)
Well done. Very out of the box!
Remember, you can't have gagh without "gag"! :D
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

HAHAHA. People posted and I had no idea. I'm a horrible OP. OPer.

It's completely fallen apart in my bin of models. I need to dust some off and get them rebuilt. I'm so lazy.
Mrwoodchuck61
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by Mrwoodchuck61 »

When I moved my models got badly damaged too. So I sympathize with you. I'm lazy about rebuilding them as well. Some of it's frustration looking at then being broken too,
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

She is in a class all her own.

I like her!
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

Thanks.

Ya- I look at her from time to time. It would be a lot of work. Maybe re-bash this bash into something else?

Return to “Customizing”