fun build

General discussion for future official AST contests and unofficial (fan run) group builds.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

fun build

Post by zookman »

who would be in for a fun build ... not realy a contest with prises and such just something fun to do and see what we can come up with

i was thinking of say everyone build the same scale kit say a 1/1000 enterprise or klingon d-7 or some other scale ship .. smaller scales like 1/2500 would be ok but kinda hadr to do what i had in mind for such a small scale and the bigger scales would probly be a bit pricey to use a hard to find kit ..depending on what we all decide the ship should be so i figured 1/1000 would work even tho there are not realy alot of ships in this scale ( yet ) .

idea is to see who can come up with the weirdest nontraditional paint job for the ship ... like say a D-7 decked out in flowers , peace signs and bright colors like from the hippy days of the 60's :lol: :lol: :lol:
the weirder the better .. kits dont even have to be realy built well and can be just snapped together like they come out of box .. painted and such .. then later one once build is done they can be dissaembled , stripped of paint and parts used again for kitbashing or built as they supposed to original be ..

as for time for this i would say pretty much open ended so others can join when they have the bench time free
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: fun build

Post by Moongrim »

I'd be up to that, provided it be a running gag with no set deadline. I just got started with a Coronado class build, and I'm not a good multitasker.

But I've been thinking about a Takei Class Starship.... ;)
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

yeh no set deadline just post pics of said ship befor during or after finishing or any combination you wish .. heck i got thinking and it doesnt even have to be all the same ship lets include any trek ship lol tho the more familiar to everyone the better to see how wild it comes out
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

I'd be up for this
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

so we got a couple peeps ... next thing is when to start ...

1.... start now and others join in as they can

2 .... wait a couple weeks or so and see who else is interested

i could start anytime ive got a few kits i could just slap some paint on or start a new kit and see what i can do lol
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Uno.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

So either the tos enterprise or the D7
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

either of those .. or can be any scale and or any kit that way its not limited to only a few ... ya can do resin if ya want but those can be a bit pricey to use for this but if ya want to use one then go for it ... some of those ships would probly look cool in wild paint jobs lol
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Let me know if you want me to create a new section for this.
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien »

I have a 1/2500 Enterprise -C (cadet series) that would work for this. It is more or less the same size as the 1/1000 Polar lights kits...

I think everyone should start & join when they want/are able to... I'm working on different things right now, so it would be a couple of weeks before I can join in...

A new specific section for this would be nice indeed... :thinking:
The Belgian Builder

Return to “General Contest Discussion”