I need your input

General discussion for future official AST contests and unofficial (fan run) group builds.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: I need your input

Post by zookman »

sure why not lol , tho mine is already started so doesnt count .... plus ya dont see alot of smaller craft, mostly the bigger ships ... tho i do have an idea for a fleet container tug lol wouldnt realy take much to do
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Well I'm willing to donate a Phobos Cruiser to any Contest, as a recent inventory check I discovered that I've managed to get two of them.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

I was planning on donating a USS Enterprise C. I have it in my stash, wasn't planning on building it any more. Thought about selling it but I have to get around to listing it :)
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
LordMudd
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by LordMudd »

Before I ad my 2 cents worth here, let me say my biggest obstacle is time. That said, I don't really need a prize, especially if it is not of interest to me. Gonativetoys has contests. He has several action figures designed specifically for customizing, but only one in production so far. Typically the prize breakdown is 1st: 3 Alpha Blanx and 6 GI Joes, 2nd: 2 Alpha Blanx and 4 Joes, 3rd: 1 Alpha Blanx and 2 Joes. Personally I have no interest in the Joes and would be happy with just the extra Blanx figures.

Which brings me to my suggestion, and I know I am going to regret this. I collect and customize action figures. This includes the vehicles and playsets. Sometimes it is a great idea that the toy company wasn't intelligent enough to come up with. Sometimes, as with the Playmates ST Bridge playset most recently, they just aren't competent enough to finish it. I have a mobile of trek vehicles, including the Workbee. I enlarged this to scale with the Mego figures and printed it out and assembled it. This was just a test, I want the next one to have a visible cockpit.
So, my idea is: Take a Trek action figure and build a vehicle or playset for it.

CCC.
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Take a Trek figure and make a vehicle or playset for it.

Now THAT, would be a challenge indeed.....
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “General Contest Discussion”