The next official AST contest

General discussion for future official AST contests and unofficial (fan run) group builds.
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Re: The next official AST contest

Post by Cubey Terra »

I'd definitely be interested in an OOB build contest, mainly because I have some kits on the shelf, and I don't have the skill to build much else. :D
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

RogueWolf wrote:I'm thinking that I just might enter a contest... the last one I entered was back in '05 I think...

On sober second thought, this might be a conflict of interest so I'm out.
Conflict of interest, because he'll be a co-sponsor of the event. ;)
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

hell enter anyway just opt out of any prizes . build for the heck of it . is what i do . dont care if i win or lose . tho most times i dont finish lol i keep changing things on my build and time runs out .
Professor Theophilus
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Professor Theophilus »

I've never entered a contest. I'm game. Dunno what I would possibly build completely OOB though...at least custom decals as far as ship name maybe or we might all end up building the same ship. There aren't a lot of choices on the shelves, all 1/2500 Enterprises mostly, and as someone else mentioned the decals in my old kits are kinda yellow. I haven't even seen most of the Round 2 kits in my area but I gots plenty of other old kits I haven't built.lol
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

The "Make It So" / main contest will most likely start after WF. I've had some time to think about it, talked to a few people and feel it's right. Getting folks to promote the contest at WF would be good. Leaflets or something to help promote the site.

However, I would also like to run a mini contest in the meantime. Something simple, yet fun, for basic to intermediate level modellers perhaps. It depends on whether we have enough newbies that would sign up.

I'm still trying to work out how I can get the army of window shoppers (my own term for lurker, since it's not very flattering) to participate in general, let alone in a contest.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by SingleMind »

As a newbie I would be down with a contest that focused on simple builds. I would be interested but as with everything real life comes first so I would be able to commit to it till I knew more details. But it does sound like fun. That's my two cents
Confidence - that feeling you get right before you fully understand the situation.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

isn't it time for a new contest? I like those
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Oh deary me...what have you done?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney »

Best cup of tea wins.

But seriously, it's the 50th anniversary - there's a theme we can't ignore.

Mmm. Tea.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

My fledgling YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PapanurgleForums
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

I'm more of a presence in this community, so I think I could see myself participating in a new contest. Maybe something along the lines of last year's bragging rights contest? :D

Return to “General Contest Discussion”