AST Competition Ideas

General discussion for future official AST contests and unofficial (fan run) group builds.

What should be the first official AST competition?

Group Build (ST theme)
38%
World Tour (kit sent from member to member)
4%
Kitbash to Kit (winning kitbash kitted)
46%
Kit Caption (pics of kits with funny captions)
No votes
Hello Kit-ty (paint a kit from any theme)
No votes
Something else (post your idea below)
12%

Total votes: 26

jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: AST Competition Ideas

Postby jkb-1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:55 am

I just want to express support for the idea. I'd feel guilty voting for a specific competitiin, knowing I often let the SSM contest deadline go by before even starting to cut plastic on a submission. I'll pull my act together for Trek: I have some ideas for the competitions listed, even for the Kit Kaption theme.

Leviathan74
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Postby Leviathan74 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:09 am

Dominion War theme would be great.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Postby Moongrim » Mon May 20, 2013 3:10 am

Just a last minute idea:

Gifting a fairly inexpensive airbrush kit to someone who doesn't have one? A starter kit, for a modeler who needs one?

thinking out loud.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby novahobbies » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:15 pm

I'm sort of ashamed to say I never paid much attention to the contests......probably better for me, since I'm such a glacially slow builder. HOWEVER.......what would people say to a Klingon-themed contest next time around? Categories of Best OOB Klingon, or best Kitbash? There are a lot of designs to choose from, and many of them already have plastic or resin models available in varying degrees of accuracy. I don't do a lot of Klingon models, but I have a ton of them in my stash and I suspect most of YOU do to. So let's get to building! What do the page creators think?

MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Postby MEATLOAFr » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:03 pm

novahobbies wrote:I'm sort of ashamed to say I never paid much attention to the contests......probably better for me, since I'm such a glacially slow builder. HOWEVER.......what would people say to a Klingon-themed contest next time around? Categories of Best OOB Klingon, or best Kitbash? There are a lot of designs to choose from, and many of them already have plastic or resin models available in varying degrees of accuracy. I don't do a lot of Klingon models, but I have a ton of them in my stash and I suspect most of YOU do to. So let's get to building! What do the page creators think?

Maybe a "villains" theme, more choices
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby novahobbies » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:04 pm

MEATLOAFr wrote:
novahobbies wrote:I'm sort of ashamed to say I never paid much attention to the contests......probably better for me, since I'm such a glacially slow builder. HOWEVER.......what would people say to a Klingon-themed contest next time around? Categories of Best OOB Klingon, or best Kitbash? There are a lot of designs to choose from, and many of them already have plastic or resin models available in varying degrees of accuracy. I don't do a lot of Klingon models, but I have a ton of them in my stash and I suspect most of YOU do to. So let's get to building! What do the page creators think?

Maybe a "villains" theme, more choices

LOL You see my avatar pic, I'm down for that! :lol:

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:43 pm

Villains? Hmmmm. that does have a certain je ne sais quoi to it.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby DefiantClient » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:24 am

I would love a Klingon specific contest, but can live with "Adversaries" if that's what people want.

Moongrim

Postby Moongrim » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:24 pm

Villains to whom, though?
- J.L.Picard.

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Postby trekriffic » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:47 pm

I like the idea of a "villains" contest. Maybe have two categories for both straight from the box or kitbash builds.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Return to “General Contest Discussion”