1/350th Refit Cutaway

Work in progress, completed builds and general 1/350 related discussion.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Re: 1/350th Refit Cutaway

Post by Steam235 »

Hmm, I guess I could scale the decks down a bit
Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear »

You know, a 350 scale Connie primary hull would make a good starting point for a 1000 scale mushroom shaped starbase. :thinking: Make the rim a little taller... lop off the B/C deck and replace it with a conical cylinder topped with a geodesic dome... construct a stalk with four 1000 scale Connie saucers on four arms and cap it with a sphere with the top third missing... have a Scotch... add four, maybe five docking arms to the big saucer... large shuttlebays... Movie Era runabouts and shuttles... have another Scotch and admire your work... What a bugger the donor kits would deprive you of AU$500! :cry:

But anyway...

Keep posting these pictures, Steam. I, for one, love seeing them. Pictures are more powerful story tellers than words.
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

ok I've reduced the deck height to fit in more decks. I've also started laying out some walls and rooms.

The cut on the left cuts through a hallway so you see the outside wall that faces the corridor. The cut on the left cuts through rooms so you don't see out side walls.

At first I thought their was supposed to be a hallway running through the center 90 degrees off the main line. So I was trying to put that in. The other cutaways don't have that hallway So I might remove that.

Basic walls for three decks...

taped together.
Last edited by Steam235 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Wowzers. I just realized what level of detail you're devoting here.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear »

Hyper-detail is the hyphenated word. What are your plans here? Are you going to make the corridors the correct shape? Will you be putting doors and furniture in? Figures? Lights? Or are we going to have to wait and see what happens?
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

Nothing that detailed at all. I don't even think it'll be as detailed as what Stuart did on that 537th, The plans are something I found on line that I'm using to make sure I have the right amount of decks and that things are basicly in the right areas btu I won't be that detailed. I think it will end up somewhere around as detailed as the AMT TOS cutaway
Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear »

I honestly can't blame you for wanting to do things the simple way. To super-detail a cutway like that guy did would involve many, many man hours of eye-melting work. I just assumed you were doing something like that... you know, because of the plans. Where did you find those, by the way? This looks so fun that you have me seriously considering doing a hyper-detailed cutaway of a Refit. :lol:

shiftdel
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by shiftdel »

Impressive work. I would have gave up in the saucer cut phase, congrats!!
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Steam235 wrote: I won't be that detailed. I think it will end up somewhere around as detailed as the AMT TOS cutaway
You are already ahead of that by a long shot.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

Current state of the saucer:

I'm happy with the spacing of the decks. I just need to get thigns cut cleaner, get things to line up better from deck to deck and start adding things like the doors around the outside of the ciscular portion of the deck.

Very daunting so I decided to tackle a smaller part.

I think I really like how this came out. I will need to re do it to fit further back in the neck rather than just behind the wall.

So what do you think? Does the turbo lift come down in front of the warp tube? or Behind?

Return to “1/350”