Completed 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Work in progress, completed builds and general 1/350 related discussion.
littleyoda99
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Completed 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Post by littleyoda99 »

Just wanted to share some photos of my just completed 1/350 TOS Enteprise from Round 2.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Completed 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Post by DefiantClient »

That's a real spiffy display and a gorgeous Enterprise. Well done. Did you scratchbuild a full shuttlebay or did it come with the kit? I'm completely unfamiliar with the 1/350 kit.
littleyoda99
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by littleyoda99 »

DefiantClient wrote:That's a real spiffy display and a gorgeous Enterprise. Well done. Did you scratchbuild a full shuttlebay or did it come with the kit? I'm completely unfamiliar with the 1/350 kit.

The shuttlebay comes with the kit.
littleyoda99
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by littleyoda99 »

kobayashimaru wrote: those bussards... do they cycle as well, or are they statically lit?
They have motors inside, which is what the orange switch controls. I usually have them off when I just want the model on to be on. When I want to show it off I turn them on. They are on a PWM switch that is hidden inside the base to slow down the speed.
kobayashimaru wrote: the switches are excellent -
does it play any SFX? does it fire phaser or play music at all?
is it a raspberry pie circuit? Sorry to be technical, I wonder how the lighting run :D
There are no SFX or anything like that. The lighting kit is the standard kit from Polar Lights, only I replaced the motors, and did change out a few LEDs.
kobayashimaru wrote: is that photoetch on the nacelle'clip', those little 'bolts' look awesome there,
that is hyper-attention to detail, as the model had those nails and sewing pin,
wow.
thanks for sharing.
The only photoetch on the model is in the bridge, shuttlebay, pylons, and impulse engines. All details, minus the little tiny hull numbers, are all painted as well, NO DECALS!
kobayashimaru wrote: You know what I'm going to ask... can we have some more eyecandy please?
A closer iso view of the bussards, I feel naughty just asking, but I'm a Bussard-guy :lol:
can we get a closer view of the neck too from front on?
any excuse to see more of this awesome!
I can post some more later :)
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra »

That's a perfect build and great presentation with the case and mirror floor.
littleyoda99 wrote: The only photoetch on the model is in the bridge, shuttlebay, pylons, and impulse engines. All details, minus the little tiny hull numbers, are all painted as well, NO DECALS!
:o No way. You painted on the lettering too? Amazing. I wouldn't have a clue how to do that without it looking like a kindergartener finger-painted it.
littleyoda99
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by littleyoda99 »

Cubey Terra wrote:That's a perfect build and great presentation with the case and mirror floor.
littleyoda99 wrote: The only photoetch on the model is in the bridge, shuttlebay, pylons, and impulse engines. All details, minus the little tiny hull numbers, are all painted as well, NO DECALS!
:o No way. You painted on the lettering too? Amazing. I wouldn't have a clue how to do that without it looking like a kindergartener finger-painted it.

Thanks!

For the painting I used Orbital Drydock masks.
littleyoda99
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by littleyoda99 »

Here are a few more pictures...

When the lights are off, the mirror simply reflects, but when I turn everything on, you see this from under the mirror...

Closeup of my bridge. Yes, it is offset. It also matches my larger 1/35 scale bridge kit.

Shuttlebay, with ugly putty job...lol

Bussards with spinners spinning...

Bussards with spinners NOT spinning...

Closeup of the dome above the hangar bay. You can see the individual colors quite nicely.
littleyoda99
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by littleyoda99 »

And here is a video of the model as well.

https://www.facebook.com/jgmodelworks/v ... 939432220/
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Amazing.
andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh »

Very nice. It shows how good this kit is when you take the extra mile with it :)

Return to “1/350”