Which lighting kit do you prefer?

Work in progress, completed builds and general 1/350 related discussion.

Stock Round2 Lighting or Tenacontrols?

Tenacontrols
67%
Stock Round2 Lighting Kit
33%

Total votes: 3

novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Which lighting kit do you prefer?

Post by novahobbies »

So I am putting this out there since I may be able to pick up one or the other in the near future. Of the two options, which lighting kit would you choose and why? I'm leaning towards Tenacontrols for it's quietness, but to be brutally honest, I haven't found a single video that shows the bussard effect to be REALLY spinning. Meanwhile, the Round2 kit has had complaints of noise issues...and I don't know how well I trust an electric motor to be running 10 years down the line.

So back to the point. For those who bought one or the other, which option did you choose? Why did you pick that, and what do you think of your choice now?
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Which lighting kit do you prefer?

Post by Moongrim »

I've got both, I've just not gotten around to putting them together.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

I was leaning towards the Tenacontrols kit until I found a supplier for the Round2 kit for only $125, SHIPPED. Since that wound up being cheaper than the Tenacontrols (and it has the correct spinning effect), I chose that version. I have the smaler 1/1000 Tenacontrols kit for the Axanar model, and I'll probably get another for a 1/1000 TOS in the future.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Save the money and dive into Arduino universe. More fun and flexibility for a fraction of the cost. That's what I have to say about this.

:mrgreen:
Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “1/350”