1/1400 Federation Battleship DONE!

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
Wolf359
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

1/1400 Federation Battleship DONE!

Post by Wolf359 »

I had a couple extra Galaxy Class kits laying around when I got the bright idea for a Federation battleship.

The backstory: Since the Federation doesn't build battleships, they decided to borrow technology from their "frenemies" the Klingons, the Romulans and others. The main purpose of this ship was to counter Dominion battleships not only in size, but firepower as well. Because of the glut of semi destroyed Galaxy class ships, the Federation decided to use the parts to create single ship rather that try to repair that many. From a resources and time constraint perspective, it made sense at the time.

The idea was to create a ship that was insanely powerful and impenetrable from any angle without looking ridiculous....I guess we'll see how it looks when completed! At approximately 975 meters long, it dwarf's all other Federation Starships (27" at 1/1,400 scale).
Attachments
This is what I have done so far....
This is what I have done so far....
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: 1/1400 Federation Battleship

Post by Moongrim »

:shock:
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by jkb-1 »

Double Cobra Head = Awesome!
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

i like the rear section tho the saucer sticking out in front just dont look right specialy with that thin connection peice... tho you probly have some sort of plan for that once other saucer sections are on ... maybe another connecting neck for each saucer to the center one ... even 1 on each side instead of the middle lol
Wolf359
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by Wolf359 »

I am actually going to leave the "battle heads" undocked and the center saucer will be the only one. In true battleship fashion, I am trying to keep the profile as small as possible and use the battle heads for weapon and shield emplacements ala the USS Farragut weapons pod (or possibly fighter launching bays or both). The dorsal battle head will also have a docking bay for a Defiant type ship.
Cullenszoo
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Cullenszoo »

That is a great concept! the look strikes fear in the Jem Hadar!
Building hand painted dust collectors since 1977
DouglasGlenn
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by DouglasGlenn »

That is going to be one bad-ass ship!
Wolf359
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by Wolf359 »

Weapons will be as follows: type x phaser banks: 22 (minimum), pulse phaser cannons: 24, torpedo launchers: 14, disruptor cannons (Klingon): 2, disruptor banks (Romulan): 8, retractable jacketed positron emitters (experimental): 4 that combine into a single beam, and a Gatling phaser cannon (experimental).

Defensive capabilities: multi-layer ablative armor, primary and secondary auto rotating shields, metaphasic shields, a phasing cloaking device, and a point defense protocol targeting computer (lets just say you wouldn't want to get within a 1,000 meters of this ship)!

This ship has 4 warp cores, 3 of which can be dedicated strictly to the weapons/defensive arrays.

Not your typical Starfleet starship.... :twisted:
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Decidedly NOT your standard Federation ship.

I do not envy the Engineers who have to keep that ship running...

And it would make for an interesting shakedown cruise...

But if they can make a Curry Class ship- canon... :mrgreen:
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Wolf359
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by Wolf359 »

My progress so far and starting to take shape. I need to decide whether or not to go with the battleheads the way they are or construct weapons/fighter pods to mount on them...in any case, I need to pick up the pace or July 1st will get here too quickly.

I also have the Gallant class ship included that will be docking in the dorsal battlehead. It might be hard to see, but just aft of the dorsal/ventral battle bridges are additional torpedo launchers. And just fore of the Captain's Yacht is the deflector dish and fore torpedo launcher.
Attachments
Ventral saucer close up...
Ventral saucer close up...
Ventral view...
Ventral view...
Dorsal view...
Dorsal view...

Return to “TBG Contest Entries”