Phaser Strips?

Buy, Sell or Trade.
SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:38 am

Phaser Strips?

Postby SKO » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 pm

I don't really care about the other Nemesis modifications to make my E-E 100% screen accurate (and frankly I didn't have the extra cash to drop on the whole conversion kit in addition to the decals, etc), but I would like to add the 4 extra phaser strips to the nacelle pylons if only because even before Nemesis came out in bugged me that they had no phasers back there. I thought back in the day you could just buy a bag of phaser strips from Federation Models or starship modeler for like 10 bucks but those appear to have vanished.

Any one happen to have/make phaser strips for a reasonable price? Or know how a newbie could scratch build some?

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5126
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: Phaser Strips?

Postby el gato » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:31 pm

You can either use some strip styrene to make your own or do what I do: Mold and cast some from the existing strips found in the kit
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Phaser Strips?

Postby SKO » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:48 pm

el gato wrote:You can either use some strip styrene to make your own or do what I do: Mold and cast some from the existing strips found in the kit


Is there an idiot's guide to casting? What's the initial cost to get into casting? I'm a bit intimidated :oops:

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5126
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: Phaser Strips?

Postby el gato » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Sure, it's simple really...

Image

Seriously, YouTube is your friend:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +made+easy

There is also a thread in the Construction forum using a material called "Blue Stuff" for molds. I haven't used it personally but sounds like fantastic, um, stuff.

But don't be intimidated. The process is easy. You're going to make mistakes, but it happens. I fail more times than I succeed.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

User avatar
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 am
Location: North East England

Re: Phaser Strips?

Postby Kremin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:01 pm

el gato wrote:Sure, it's simple really...

Image

Seriously, YouTube is your friend:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +made+easy

There is also a thread in the Construction forum using a material called "Blue Stuff" for molds. I haven't used it personally but sounds like fantastic, um, stuff.

But don't be intimidated. The process is easy. You're going to make mistakes, but it happens. I fail more times than I succeed.


Tried the Blue stuff didn't like it. For simple quick stuff I prefer Silicone Moulding Paste mix half and half until one colour then press onto what ever you are casting, let it set and you have a useable mould

User avatar
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 am
Location: North East England

Re: Phaser Strips?

Postby Kremin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Don't know if these would be of any use?

https://www.facebook.com/greenstrawberr ... 6653695277

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Phaser Strips?

Postby SKO » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Kremin wrote:Don't know if these would be of any use?

https://www.facebook.com/greenstrawberr ... 6653695277


Unfortunately not. looks like photo etch stuff to add the ribbed detail to the smooth E-D phaser strips. I just need actual phaser strips I can glue to my E-E's nacelle pylons. I'm looking into maybe casting some but I am nervous.


Return to “Classifieds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cosika321, TrekMD and 23 guests