newbie contest oob build, round 2 "Defiant" "Withdrawn"

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: newbie contest oob build, round 2 "Defiant"

Post by zookman »

i like it lol would look good as a ferengi base color lol or some sort of freighter .. what was the make and color of that primer i may have to see if i can find some .. a couple good coats of that sanded smooth and a gloss and decals then weathering and a final flat coat could make an interesting looking ship ..
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Shhh..... dont let the cat out of the bag! I was going to use it for my ferangi merauder.

It is Dupli -Color filler primer, fp 102 red. Should be able to find it at local auto store. I have had my can for going on 10years but it should still be avaliable.

Doing some filler and touch up work. Second coat should be on by midnight.

Curt
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Primer sealer is down, It is a light gray and I may use it as the base. We shall see what happens when dry.

Now A question, Does any one have any good reference shots of the defiant with weathering? To use a term coined By some other Sci-fi Guru, I want to go for "USED SPACE" not the standard bright and shinny federation.

Will post pics later Once camera is charged.
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: newbie contest oob build, round 2 "Defiant" "Withdrawn"

Post by curt »

I will continue to work on this kit but will not meet deadline, so am withdrawing at this time. Time constraints have throwen a wrench in my planing and I want to do the paint job justice.

XEN if you could please move this thread to the misc scale build area I would like to continue to update this build thru compleation. Sorry guys but I dont want to throw something that I wont be happy with togeather.

Curt
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: newbie contest oob build, round 2 "Defiant" "Withdrawn"

Post by Xen »

The original contest thread will remain in place and locked. However, I have copied the thread over to the Misc section. For further progress please click on the link below.

https://www.allscaletrek.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1822

Return to “Newbie Contest Entries”