Star Trek 50th Anniversary

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Star Trek 50th Anniversary

Post by el gato »

Anyone else going to a Conventio-ConExpoFest-A-Rama to celebrate Star Trek's 50th anniversary this year? I plan on going to the convention in San Francisco. It's the nearest one to me. It would be the first con I've attended (besides WonderFest) in over 15 years.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Star Trek 50th Anniversary

Post by DefiantClient »

All the Trek/sci-fi cons here in Boston tend to be cancelled or have a very low attendence. Pretty different from when I remember them in the 90s. I met Dwight Schultz and got his signature at PAX East this year so I'll have to consider that my 50th anniversary con. :(
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

DefiantClient wrote:All the Trek/sci-fi cons here in Boston tend to be cancelled or have a very low attendence. Pretty different from when I remember them in the 90s. I met Dwight Schultz and got his signature at PAX East this year so I'll have to consider that my 50th anniversary con. :(
At least you had them - never have anything like that near me, and there is, no one worth a damn to see comes

like going to a sports thing and all that show to see are 3rd string punters
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

DefiantClient wrote:All the Trek/sci-fi cons here in Boston tend to be cancelled or have a very low attendence. Pretty different from when I remember them in the 90s. I met Dwight Schultz and got his signature at PAX East this year so I'll have to consider that my 50th anniversary con. :(
I used to go to cons fairly regularly in the 90s (security volunteer). I've seen every cast member and a few secondary characters from TOS to VOY. I've even had the opportunity to chat with some of them outside of the stage. But I've never seen Dwight Schultz though :( Didn't realize he did cons.
MEATLOAFr wrote:At least you had them - never have anything like that near me, and there is, no one worth a damn to see comes

like going to a sports thing and all that show to see are 3rd string punters
You're not alone in the neglect. There are no cons in my area since ENT went off the air. SF is the nearest metropolis that maybe could attract a con outside of Vegas or LA; about 2 hours from where I live.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I'd love to go to one, again. But the last convention I went to had John de Lancie. And that was way back in Montana in the '90's.

Make house payments or attend Trekkie Convention. Getting older sucks.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

el gato wrote:
I used to go to cons fairly regularly in the 90s (security volunteer). I've seen every cast member and a few secondary characters from TOS to VOY. I've even had the opportunity to chat with some of them outside of the stage. But I've never seen Dwight Schultz though :( Didn't realize he did cons.
He definitely has been to a few Sci-fi cons in Boston, but he does a voice that's a pretty big character in the new Master of Orion game, hence why he was at PAX East. Him and quite a few other actors signed after the developer's panel. I was actually surprised he was there.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Hopefully I'll get a chance to see him on the west coast. I doubt when though since I have not been going to cons, the one later this year notwithstanding.
Mac204
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by Mac204 »

I will be at the Vegas convention this week!
Live Long and Prosper.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

I envy you guys that have a TON of such events there in USA. Here in Brasil we have only small spotted reunions that I usually get aware AFTER it happen. The only convention I attended was in the middles 90s in Rio. It was a nice ST/SW one. I remembered to buy a few big posters that I framed and hung in my bedroom. A few years later it was given away for a friend (the same that inherited my 1/537 Enterprise model).

:)
Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “Events Archive”