AMT Klingon Cruiser

Share what you're working on, or your finished kit here. Friendly and constructive feedback assured!
User avatar
mophius
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:04 am

Re: AMT Klingon Cruiser

Postby mophius » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Careful now.


;)
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur

User avatar
Tesral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Posts: 2519
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: AMT Klingon Cruiser

Postby Tesral » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:45 pm

mophius wrote:Careful now.
;)


Being one of the PNGs, (who is built like a linebacker), I think I can get away with that. :D
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

IceGiant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

Re: AMT Klingon Cruiser

Postby IceGiant » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:59 am

Well I decided that I didn't like the long barrel version of the aft torpedo launcher so I cut out the center and trimmed it down.

Image

IceGiant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

Re: AMT Klingon Cruiser

Postby IceGiant » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:02 am

While working on the bulb I needed to fill the gap on the side. I tried using CA and baking soda which does work but as has been mentioned hard as rock and seems to expand. I'm hoping with a bit of sanding and once it's primes and painted this will be hidden.

Image

Image

User avatar
MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Posts: 1669
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Re: AMT Klingon Cruiser

Postby MEATLOAFr » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:29 pm

IceGiant wrote:While working on the bulb I needed to fill the gap on the side. I tried using CA and baking soda which does work but as has been mentioned hard as rock and seems to expand. I'm hoping with a bit of sanding and once it's primes and painted this will be hidden.



best part is you can clean it up with some nail polish remover (acetone) to knock down the large chunks to a more manageable amount
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

IceGiant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

Re: AMT Klingon Cruiser

Postby IceGiant » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:18 am

MEATLOAFr wrote:
IceGiant wrote:While working on the bulb I needed to fill the gap on the side. I tried using CA and baking soda which does work but as has been mentioned hard as rock and seems to expand. I'm hoping with a bit of sanding and once it's primes and painted this will be hidden.



best part is you can clean it up with some nail polish remover (acetone) to knock down the large chunks to a more manageable amount


SWEET!!! Thanks for the tip!

User avatar
MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Posts: 1669
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Re: AMT Klingon Cruiser

Postby MEATLOAFr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:29 pm

IceGiant wrote:
MEATLOAFr wrote:
IceGiant wrote:While working on the bulb I needed to fill the gap on the side. I tried using CA and baking soda which does work but as has been mentioned hard as rock and seems to expand. I'm hoping with a bit of sanding and once it's primes and painted this will be hidden.



best part is you can clean it up with some nail polish remover (acetone) to knock down the large chunks to a more manageable amount


SWEET!!! Thanks for the tip!


no problem, just go easy on it, don't want to have to redo everything
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

User avatar
Tesral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Posts: 2519
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: AMT Klingon Cruiser

Postby Tesral » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:00 am

MEATLOAFr wrote:best part is you can clean it up with some nail polish remover (acetone) to knock down the large chunks to a more manageable amount


Make sure your nail polish remover has acetone. A lot of the newer formulations that claim to be odorless do not.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

IceGiant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

Re: AMT Klingon Cruiser

Postby IceGiant » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Well I've added detail to the impulse engines with strips of styrene. Anyone have any idea how to deal with seams this small?

Image

Image


Return to “Newbie Gallery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests