Star Trek TNG Bridge Concept

From 2D to 3D. CGI to Old School sketches. Post all artwork here!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Star Trek TNG Bridge Concept

Post by el gato »

Resin Modeller is using a new software for his stuff and he says he likes it
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

patrickivan wrote:Here's a little teaser of my current project. It's a model of one of the Concept Bridges for the Enterprise D in the Art of Star Trek.

I'm going to make the executive decision that this was the bridge on the premier U.S.S. Galaxy, for the namesake Class... Big, bold, unique. A bridge that screams unity, peace, and power from it's awesome size and display. A confidence almost as bombastic as the Romulans. LOL

More to come...

Oh- this is also what I based my avatar ship interiour off of, though on a smaller scale. I quite like it's fluid design, as it reflects the design aesthetic of the Galaxy Class...
Well, the crew will certainly be screaming! Where are the seatbelts?! :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks nice, Patrick, no matter the software used or the CLI necessary to build it! :D

Steve
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

Thanks... It's been a model I've wanted to build for a long time. See how it looks in 3D.

Oddly though, I never liked the idea of the seatbelt.

My contention is that, though there can be mild disruptions at times, I always figured that if your inertial dampeners are ever failing to the point where you need seatbelts, well you're nailed to the wall anyway.... And I think the big and best example is in Generations, with the D crash. The freakin seats all broke! Seatbelts or nothing, it doesn't matter with those forces and offline IDs.

Splat. LOL.

Seriously though, I know for the sake of the story, we got some bouncy rides, but I think for 99.9999% it's not even on the radar, and too many redundancies are simply redundant.

Kind of up there with a joy stick. Just silly on big ships like these, but they needed to make them cool, like fighters...

Return to “Trek Art”