Moongrim's Entry.... Sovereign Replica's 1/350 U.S.S. Sagittarius- Complete August 13, 2016

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Moongrim's Entry.... Sovereign Replica's 1/350 U.S.S. Sagittarius

Post by Julien »

Looks great !
The Belgian Builder
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Moongrim's Entry.... Sovereign Replica's 1/350 U.S.S. Sagittarius

Post by Moongrim »

Sag 2.jpg
Starboard View- Despite my best efforts I STILL get engine droop.
Sag 3.jpg
Bow view- it's the closeup version that allows one to notice the misalignment of symmetry.
Sag 4.jpg
Just a wee bit too much flash power- 3/4's Port view. Along with the base and it's placard. Bound to be intriguing in the inevitable Estate Sale.
Sag 5.jpg
Bird's Eye view- not too terribly bad when it comes to decal placement and symmetry.
Sag 6.jpg
Aft view. It's here that one can notice that the decals for this ship weren't really small enough to suit it.
Sag 7.jpg
I direct your attention to the Starboard side airlock- decal. It's still too big to allow the manual control panel to be in it's appropriate spot.

It's done. When i started I didn't think I'd be able to finish.

I rather enjoyed the Sagittarius in the Vanguard novels. A fully capable warp ship- some weaponry, but reliant more upon the abilities and creativity of it's personnel to get things done.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Moongrim's Entry.... Sovereign Replica's 1/350 U.S.S. Sagittarius- Complete August 13, 2016

Post by NCC1966 »

Cute!

:)
Thanks,

Yan.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Moongrim's Entry.... Sovereign Replica's 1/350 U.S.S. Sagittarius- Complete August 13, 2016

Post by Moongrim »

NCC1966 wrote:Cute!

:)
Thanks.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Looks great! Love the bussards
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien »

Great work !
The Belgian Builder
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

DefiantClient wrote:Looks great! Love the bussards
+1 The bussards look great! Congrats on finishing, Moon!
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear »

Sweet looking ship, Moongrim! :beast:
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra »

I really like this one. It captures the feel of TOS perfectly. It's almost like it sprang from a TAS episode. Interesting curves and geometry. Nice work, Moongrim!
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

Nice little ship and it does capture the look and feel of the TOS to a tee. Good work!
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Return to “2016 Group Build (Closed)”