Bragging Rights Contest 2015 - El Gato's Entry - WITHDRAWN

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Bragging Rights Contest 2015 - El Gato's Entry - WITHDRAWN

Post by el gato »

In the 26th Century, various time anomalies in the Delta Quadrant cause Starfleet to send the Enterprise J to investigate. Initial reports indicate that there are five rifts in space, threatening multiple inhabited worlds. The J's crew (ha...) are actively scanning the event as they make their way over and preparing various contingency plans to deal with the event. Despite Starfleet's vast knowledge of the universe, they find that there appears to be no easy answer to what is causing the event, let alone how to fix it. They request assistance from friends and enemies alike to help evacuate the worlds should all efforts fail.

En route, however, they find that the rifts are being forced to close, one by one. The J came to the scene in time to watch him close the second to the last rift. Upon arrival, they encounter a peculiar alien who seems to have a superior knowledge of timespace. He's unlike anyone who has been encountered before. He is not omnipotent or a member of the Q. There's no denying his power, however. And he appears to be just as amused about the crew as he is to the events. Just as odd as his trickster-like behavior is his craft. It's small, smaller like a shuttlepod.

He claims that he is working on "repairing the damage." His efforts are hampered by the rifts since they appear to drain his craft's power at an exponential rate every time he closes one. The captain proposes an alliance, whereby the alien's craft taps into the J's power core in order to close the last rift. To celebrate, the alien changed his craft to a retro-Starfleet look. The crew was speechless when they saw it...

Ten thousand Quatloos to the first person to get the alien's name correctly. Because that would be quite an achievement. Here's piece of the craft
Project3.jpg
Last edited by el gato on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Bragging Rights Contest 2015 - El Gato's Entry

Post by el gato »

Another view, after I "assembled" it in SketchUp. To being the printing costs down, I disassembled it and had it printed in parts
Project9.jpg
A couple of other cryptic views:
Project8.jpg
Project10.jpg
I have to say this is the part I'm most proud to have created. Going in, I had no idea how I was going to be able to draw it. But I conceptualized how it could be done and whattayaknow, it worked!
Project11.jpg
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

trelane .. from the squire of gothos
Lyndsey1701
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by Lyndsey1701 »

The answer to a question that must never be answered.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Lyndsey1701 wrote:The answer to a question that must never be answered.
The first question, the oldest question... hidden in plain sight

Darn, I was hoping to keep the guessing going a little longer. But best laid schemes of mice and men. Lyndsey's ON it!

Another teaser for those who need a few more hints
Project7.jpg
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

well lets go for broke ... the ship --- the tardis .... quote by Dorium Maldovar ..... 8-)
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

The Doctor?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by RogueWolf »

Looks like a blue police call box to me, can't wait to see more!
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis
Silverloc
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Silverloc »

That's a Time and Relative Dimension in Space

Return to “2015 Group Build (Closed)”