Polar Lights 1/1000 TOS Enterprise "Pre-deco" Preview

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Polar Lights 1/1000 TOS Enterprise "Pre-deco" Preview

Postby nova1972x » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:34 pm

thank you Andy

nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Polar Lights 1/1000 TOS Enterprise "Pre-deco" Preview

Postby nova1972x » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:59 pm

So, I assembled mine yesterday.

I am mostly going to just reiterate what has already been said by Moongrim, who covered this quite extensively. I don't think I will post pics, at least in this thread, since Moongrim has this covered.

Positives:
1. I was very impressed with the paint job. While it is true that it is mostly the same as the water slide decals, it is nice to see a pretty accurate representation of coloring, which I compared to my other two I built a few years ago. I will have to go back and repaint some spots on those, to make them more accurate.
2. I like the fact it has a dome display, and the model itself has been modified slightly to accommodate it. My previous 2 models have the cheesey Star Trek delta stand, that over time, has broken, and right now I am not even using those old stands.
3. I really like the frosted look on the bussard end caps.

Negatives:
1. Starboard Nacelle doesn't stay. This is basically the same thing I encountered with one of the two others I built. I had assumed it was something I was doing wrong initially, but reading this thread, it seems it may be a design flaw. It's nothing light glue won't fix, though.
2. The orange color bussards: Now I have always used red, and I guess it is more accurate to use orange if you are building the production version. But I don't really like the color orange they chose. It is dull, and almost looks like burnt orange. I think I may actually paint it a brighter orange, possibly with some red highlights. Between brighter orange and the frosted bussard cap, I think it will look pretty sweet. Take this with a grain of salt, and it really does come down to personal preference.
3. The stand peg that plugs into the ship: It doesn't stay in the position you put it in! I've had this issues with other stands before. Since I like my ships flying level anyway, my fix has always been to just glue it. But if you like to adjust your ship from time to time, that might not be an option.

Return to “1/1000”