USS Breckenridge, NCC-1104 - Detroyat-class

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

USS Breckenridge, NCC-1104 - Detroyat-class

Post by Griffworks »

This is the old Starship Modeler Kit Factory Detroyat-class Heavy Destroyer. I purchased this model here from Garry / Tesral, already mostly assembled.
Breckenridge001.JPG
Breckenridge002.JPG
I attached the pylons, as seen in these pics.
Breckenridge003.JPG
Breckenridge004.JPG
I decided that I wanted to add different nacelles than the stock instructions called for - standard TOS Enterprise nacelles - , and chose to go with the Endeavour-Type Nacelles and Struts from UGH! Models. They're based off the LN-52 "Fleetwing" nacelles from Ships of the StarFleet, Volume One/Revised, so I'm calling them the LN-52 Mod 3 nacelle.

Breckenridge005.JPG
Breckenridge006.JPG
Breckenridge007.JPG
Breckenridge008.JPG
Tesral had originally added the 1st Pilot bridge, of which I'm not a fan. I prefer ships set on very late TOS and thru the Enterprise-B Era. As such, I chose to cut the bridge off so I could add the JT Resin's Alternate Bridge & B/C Deck. And, of course, I could just go with a straight bridge, so modified it with Evergreen Rod Stock, sheet stock and some Tamiya Putty Basic Type (grey).

Breckenridge009.JPG
I also used a hand drill to add some Awalt photorp tubes to the upper decks, as seen in both the Franz Joseph's StarFleet Technical Manual, and the aforementioned Ships of the StarFleet, Volume One/Revised.

Breckenridge010.JPG
Breckenridge011.JPG
Breckenridge012.JPG
Continuing on with my inability to build anything stock, I removed the TOS Production sensor dish, trimmed the diameter of the dish down, then inserted it into some Evergreen 1/2" diameter tube stock. I then added some half-round rod stock to the deflector housing to give it some additional detail.

More to come.
Last edited by Griffworks on Sun May 27, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
β€œAnd I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.β€œ

My Flickr Albums
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: USS Breckenridge, NCC-1104 - Detroyat-class

Post by Tesral »

Nice job on a forgotten model.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to β€œ1/1000”