D-7M K'T'Inga, IKS veS qa' - Spirit of War

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Griffworks
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

D-7M K'T'Inga, IKS veS qa' - Spirit of War

Postby Griffworks » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:51 pm

This is the 1/1000 scale K'T'Inga-class battlecruiser resin kit from UGH! Models. The master for this kit was made by Matt Meyers and first produced by Jupiter Station and sold thru Starship Modeler for several years, then sold by Delta Quadrant for about 4 years, now UGH! has it.

The kit is cast in blue resin - an unofficial trademark of UGH! Models. It comes in 10 pieces, plus a basic Klingon Trefoil base. Once assembled, it's 9.25" / 24cm long by 7" / 17.8cm wide.

I used Rustoleum primer once the model was assembled, then cleaned up seams using Tamiya Putty Basic Type, which I call Tamiya Grey due to its color. The base coat is Tamiya rattlecan AS-14 OD Green (USAF).

The name veS qa' in Klingon means Spirit of War in Federation English / Standard.

I have no illusions about this being as nice or accurate a build as Trekkrific's. I'm just here to have some fun, anyhow, and bolster the Imperial Klingon Fleet!

IMG_1340.JPG

The command decks section. I forgot to take a pic of all the pieces/parts.

IMG_1342.JPG

All assembled.

IMG_1972.JPG

Set on an older base from when Delta Quadrant sold the kit, which is the same as the old Jupiter Station runs of the kit.

IMG_2313.JPG

Pour stub that needed removing.

IMG_2314.JPG

After use of a nice, extra sharp Xacto blade and all gone!

IMG_2606.JPG

First coat of the base color, Tamiya rattlecan AS-14 OD Green (USAF). It turned out a little darker than I had hoped.

He's got several coats on him now, and detail painting has started. And, as always, more to come.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: D-7M K'T'Inga, IKS veS qa' - Spirit of War

Postby el gato » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:09 pm

:thumbsup:!
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Postby trekriffic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Nice work so far Jeff. This was such a fun build. Even without all the mods I made this will turn into a nice rendition of the "real" thing. Do you plan on doing any weathering with chalks?
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Griffworks
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Griffworks » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Forgot to update this from a couple weeks back.

IMG_3152.JPG

IMG_3153.JPG

Panel details hand painted.

trekriffic wrote:Nice work so far Jeff. This was such a fun build. Even without all the mods I made this will turn into a nice rendition of the "real" thing. Do you plan on doing any weathering with chalks?

Sorry, I thought that I had replied to this. I suspect that a reply was typed out, then something happened which distracted me....

I've never used chalks, so likely won't here. Not sure how I'll end up weathering him. I'm sure I'll come up with something, obviously.

Return to “1/1000”