Voyager 1/1400 - Who has ever seen it before?

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Voyager 1/1400 - Who has ever seen it before?

Post by NCC1966 »

Hello,

I have the good old Voyager kit (1/677) but I think it's too big for my taste. After a long awaiting I may have found a 1/400 three-piece set that comes with Voyager, Maquis and Kazon ship that I have looked for since some time ago. Question: is the Voyager minimally detailed?

:)

Thanks!
Last edited by NCC1966 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,

Yan.
SKO
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Voyager 1/400 - Who has ever seen it before?

Post by SKO »

NCC1966 wrote:Hello,

I have the good old Voyager kit (1/677) but I think it's too big for my taste. After a long awaiting I may have found a 1/400 three-piece set that comes with Voyager, Maquis and Kazon ship that I have looked for since some time ago. Question: is the Voyager minimally detailed?

Thanks!
It's pretty minimally detailed. There's no forward deflect dish, the impulse engines on the pylons are just blocks, raised panels on the ventral stardrive basically needed re-scribed. If you build it I highly, highly recommend the full JT Graphics decal set.
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

It's sparse on details, yes. But not impossible to rework. Unless you're planning to light the kit, however, I recommend you spring for the Intrepid class 1/1400 scale resin kit from Alliance Models, found at Federation Models. It's much, much more detailed.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

That's what I needed to know. I think I will pass then... not going to make scribing and/or scratch building neither to spend extra cash on after market stuff.

Thank you for the quick feedback, friends!

Thanks,

Yan.
Resin-Modeller
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Resin-Modeller »

I have both the Revell kit and the Alliance one.

Of the two go for the Alliance, more detail and has the engines cast seperate so you can fit tightly and have them elevate with a needle threaded through them. The overall Alliance details are better though as they have the forward deflector, the impulse engine details etc.

Only down side is it costs a small fortune. I was fortunate and saw one on eBay a while ago. It's a big investment but it defo worth it :)

For a Voyager representation, the Revell kit isn't one to be discarded though :)
RESIN MODELLER

1/2500 and 1/1400 Scale Star Trek Modeller. New Models monthly.
Full listings can be found here and are dispatched across the globe!
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hi!

Actually I have 3 of them and one another for dismantling. The Voyager is ready and the Bellerophon is at 70 %. The Intrepid is only at 10 %.

My dream is to build the Elkins and Yeager too - some days. Just to have 5 Intrepid class sisters.

It's true the Revell kit miss some details like site sensor pads, impulce engines and 4 big windows on the battle section but you can repair it (drill the window holes). Also no secondary deflector dish..sad. Put the prize was 1997 very awesome: just 30 DM - should be 16 €, but actually on ebay in Germany there are new 3 kits between 50 and 80 €. Die spinnen, die Römer.

Well, you can find some excellent detail pics here on AST (on my Voyager presentation too) or with google. Advantages of Revell are the prise (mousty) and the availability.

If You need some more pics, please let me know it.

About the big Voyager: I still have one too: it was my first model kit and it was painted very very bad. It's only funny, when you have the Equinox and the Defiant too in 1/677...both is available (with little luck) but extreamly expensive, I think.

Greeting,
Micha
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Thank you both for your valuable opinions!

:D

I am not indeed going to buy it and totally gave up already though. The model price asked by the seller is steep IMO specially for the Voyager only (I don't like the Kazon neither the Maquis ship so I wouldn't build them). I just have thought for a long time how nice would be to find a Voyager kit the half size of the big one and then this one suddenly appeared and I had this impulse of buying it...

The problem is that I am with several other priorities and very tight at the moment BUT I would buy it even so IF it was something minimally close to a superb model. Since it's not it won't hurt to let it go.

;)
Thanks,

Yan.
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

NCC1966 wrote: The problem is that I am with several other priorities and very tight at the moment BUT I would buy it even so IF it was something minimally close to a superb model. Since it's not it won't hurt to let it go.

;)
Good call. I know you're in Brazil, so shipping costs are going to eat you alive no matter what model you pick, so you may as well get the one that will bring you the most happiness.

Plus, if you're going to order the Alliance Models Voyager from Federation Models, you can combine the order and get the Starcrafts USS Equinox in the same scale. I love that little ship, and it looks great next to the Voyager!
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

novahobbies wrote:
NCC1966 wrote: The problem is that I am with several other priorities and very tight at the moment BUT I would buy it even so IF it was something minimally close to a superb model. Since it's not it won't hurt to let it go.

;)
Good call. I know you're in Brazil, so shipping costs are going to eat you alive no matter what model you pick, so you may as well get the one that will bring you the most happiness.

Plus, if you're going to order the Alliance Models Voyager from Federation Models, you can combine the order and get the Starcrafts USS Equinox in the same scale. I love that little ship, and it looks great next to the Voyager!
Thanks for the tip!

Anyway something has happened along this weekend then I decided to quit the hobby. So, I am not going to buy anything else; actually I am just listing my whole stuff (kits, tools, paints, etc) to advertise and sell.

More details about my decision here:
https://www.allscaletrek.com/viewtopic.p ... 740#p56735

Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “1/1400”