Enterprise E 2.0 (PIC HEAVY)

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Enterprise E 2.0 (PIC HEAVY)

Postby SKO » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:01 am

So this was my old Enterprise E. It doesn't look terrible in these pictures but it was very flawed. First built when I was 19 and I sprayed all of the parts w krylon while they were on their trees. I was not aware at the time that the glue would just melt the paint. I ended up with a globby mess and tons of seams and gaps. I broke the nacelle pylons. Years later I fixed a lot of the damage and ordered a set of Acreation Aztecs. I was pleased with her but since then my skills have evolved and she bugged me again. Gaps remained. My thrusters were poor blobs. I never did the windows. I knew nothing of gloss coating before decals or setting solutions so bubbles and silvering dominated. My resin replacement nacelles were warped and angled outward and I never knew how to fix em without snapping them off. Eventually I tried doing the windows w the horrible result pictured below
20160807_142654.jpg

The story has a happy ending though as I finally had the chance to just do the entire thing over from the ground up. I'm far happier with the results this time:
20170714_174417-1161x2064.jpg

scaddude
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Re: Enterprise E 2.0 (PIC HEAVY)

Postby scaddude » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Nicely done!
"If nothing we do matters, all that matters is what we do..."

cerritouru
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Postby cerritouru » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Fantastic job, I am new here and I have a similar story with the same ship that I will later post. But is good to know that I am not the only one that ruin moddels as a child, lol

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby SKO » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:44 pm

cerritouru wrote:Fantastic job, I am new here and I have a similar story with the same ship that I will later post. But is good to know that I am not the only one that ruin moddels as a child, lol

Thank you! Yeah...lesson learned is that if you really love a ship and do it justice....maybe do about 10 other ships first to make sure you have the skills to make it look good, or else your initial 30 dollar investment in the ship will end up becoming about 200 bucks in add ons, aftermarket decals, new paint, stripping, a new kit, etc. But after all those years of blood sweat and tears I sure like to look at her now.

Return to “1/1400”