Nebula Conversion Kits

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
scaddude
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Nebula Conversion Kits

Postby scaddude » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Aside from DLM, does anyone else make Nebula Conversion kits? Far as I know, Warp kits are OOP as well.

Same goes with the Phoenix (AWAC Dish!) conversion kit.
"If nothing we do matters, all that matters is what we do..."

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Nebula Conversion Kits

Postby mophius » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:29 pm

I thought I saw an AWACS dish on Shapeways the other day but cannot remember who it was by.
I don't know about the nebula kit.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur

paul01
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby paul01 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:45 am

Of course there's also the one I'm selling to make the USS Melbourne from Best of Both Worlds...
"It's time to put an end to your 'trek' through the stars and make room for more worthy species"

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Kremin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:04 am

There are a few of the warp kits still around, I got one a couple of months ago just not sure I'll get around to build it

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby novahobbies » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:44 pm

So besides the Paul01 protonebula, and the DLM lightable one, there's not much for options. It would be nice if Starcrafts came out with new Nebula conversions.....the AWACS is one I would get in a hearrtbeat.

.....says the man who still needs to get his Springfield and 1000 scale Akira. ;-)

Kratok
Perhaps today IS a good day to model
Perhaps today IS a good day to model

Postby Kratok » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:45 am

novahobbies wrote:the AWACS is one I would get in a heartbeat.

Ditto.
Missed out on the Warp AWACS kit. I may eventually scratch one when the bug hits me. Though the thought of masking/painting aztec on three Galaxy and four Nebula variants is daunting.

paul01
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby paul01 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:26 am

I was toying with the idea of making a more accurate version of the Phoenix and Sutherland hull to fit the weapons and AWACS pods. If there was enough interest, I'd certainly produce it as a kit. Call it a conversion kit of a conversion kit...
"It's time to put an end to your 'trek' through the stars and make room for more worthy species"

scaddude

Postby scaddude » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:32 am

novahobbies wrote:So besides the Paul01 protonebula, and the DLM lightable one, there's not much for options. It would be nice if Starcrafts came out with new Nebula conversions.....the AWACS is one I would get in a hearrtbeat.

.....says the man who still needs to get his Springfield and 1000 scale Akira. ;-)

I have the AWACS one, but not really sure who made it. Not a fan of the warp pylons, and the struts that hold up the AWAC dish is meh... I need to add some supports...

And I have the Warp one for the other Nebula, but it's chipped, all thanks to that weird brittle resin.

But yeah, along with the E-D, and likely Venture, and AGT E-D, I have... 5 Galaxy-ish ships to make? That's a lot of sanding. Yes, I am sanding down the panel lines!
"If nothing we do matters, all that matters is what we do..."

MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Postby MEATLOAFr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:19 am

scaddude wrote:Yes, I am sanding down the panel lines!

If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby novahobbies » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 am

scaddude wrote:
novahobbies wrote:So besides the Paul01 protonebula, and the DLM lightable one, there's not much for options. It would be nice if Starcrafts came out with new Nebula conversions.....the AWACS is one I would get in a hearrtbeat.

I have the AWACS one, but not really sure who made it. Not a fan of the warp pylons, and the struts that hold up the AWAC dish is meh... I need to add some supports...

And I have the Warp one for the other Nebula, but it's chipped, all thanks to that weird brittle resin.

But yeah, along with the E-D, and likely Venture, and AGT E-D, I have... 5 Galaxy-ish ships to make? That's a lot of sanding. Yes, I am sanding down the panel lines!

Care to post some pictures of the AWACS dome kit you have?

Return to “1/1400”