Enterprise-D Aztec Decals: Acreation vs Round 2

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
scaddude
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Enterprise-D Aztec Decals: Acreation vs Round 2

Postby scaddude » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:49 pm

I saw the Acreation On-Screen Grey set on ebay, and I was curious if anyone has used these, and how they compare to the Round2 Aztecs. Pics would be super helpful!
"If nothing we do matters, all that matters is what we do..."

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Enterprise-D Aztec Decals: Acreation vs Round 2

Postby mophius » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:57 pm

I almost brought a set as it was advertised as 1/2500.
I had to check it out before i did buy them as I didn't want to buy them and be stuck with them.

Not sure on the coverage and how they look.

EDIT: I did mean the Round 2 set
Last edited by mophius on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur

holt35
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby holt35 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:56 pm

Don't do it! Read my reply over at SSM.

MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Postby MEATLOAFr » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:32 am

holt35 wrote:Don't do it! Read my reply over at SSM.

Agreed - got 2 sets for the NX that are both different colors, one is slightly pink than grey
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

IndianaCook
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Postby IndianaCook » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:12 am

I bought these and used them on my restoration. At first application there seemed to be a pink hue but once they dried and had Microsol applied they looked pretty darn good, if I do say so myself :)
Live Long, and Prosper :vulcan:

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby SKO » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:40 pm

IndianaCook wrote:I bought these and used them on my restoration. At first application there seemed to be a pink hue but once they dried and had Microsol applied they looked pretty darn good, if I do say so myself :)

Your E-D does indeed look fantastic. Buyer beware with all Acreation Aztecs, really. It depends on when they were printed. I know the fellow who prints them had a lot of issues around 2013/2014 with late orders, printing with reddish hues, etc. When I bought my first set for me E-E in 2013 it took 2 months to get them and they were always a first contact tan even though I ordered the Nemesis silver. I have heard that since he stopped distributing himself and selling through vendors that the quality has improved. The set of Nemesis Aztecs I bought for my second E-E earlier this summer were a perfect on-screen silver/grey and I was really pleased with them.

Long story short if you can find them sold somewhere though an actual vendor I would try that, but if they're just a set on eBay or something....results may vary.

scaddude

Postby scaddude » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:27 pm

SKO wrote:
IndianaCook wrote:I bought these and used them on my restoration. At first application there seemed to be a pink hue but once they dried and had Microsol applied they looked pretty darn good, if I do say so myself :)

Your E-D does indeed look fantastic. Buyer beware with all Acreation Aztecs, really. It depends on when they were printed. I know the fellow who prints them had a lot of issues around 2013/2014 with late orders, printing with reddish hues, etc. When I bought my first set for me E-E in 2013 it took 2 months to get them and they were always a first contact tan even though I ordered the Nemesis silver. I have heard that since he stopped distributing himself and selling through vendors that the quality has improved. The set of Nemesis Aztecs I bought for my second E-E earlier this summer were a perfect on-screen silver/grey and I was really pleased with them.

Long story short if you can find them sold somewhere though an actual vendor I would try that, but if they're just a set on eBay or something....results may vary.

As I said in the original post, I saw a set on Ebay. I didn't realize they even existed as "On Screen Grey". I did some digging and found them on Hobbylinc.com, for a few bucks cheaper too. I went with that.

I'm going to be fast tracking my Enterprise-D. I already finished sanding down the grid lines, so that annoying part is done. Gonna finish my Alliance Voyager, maybe finish my Valdore, then hit the Galaxy.

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby SKO » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:58 pm

scaddude wrote:
SKO wrote:

As I said in the original post, I saw a set on Ebay. I didn't realize they even existed as "On Screen Grey". I did some digging and found them on Hobbylinc.com, for a few bucks cheaper too. I went with that.

I'm going to be fast tracking my Enterprise-D. I already finished sanding down the grid lines, so that annoying part is done. Gonna finish my Alliance Voyager, maybe finish my Valdore, then hit the Galaxy.

I have no idea how you have the time and or money to do the stuff you do but god am I ever jealous of your builds. I saw your Voyager in progress on Instagram and wow, made me sad I got the 1/1400 Revell Kit and didn't just save up for the Alliance kit, although I could never pull of the subtle paneling you are doing.

scaddude

Postby scaddude » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:52 am

SKO wrote:I have no idea how you have the time and or money to do the stuff you do but god am I ever jealous of your builds. I saw your Voyager in progress on Instagram and wow, made me sad I got the 1/1400 Revell Kit and didn't just save up for the Alliance kit, although I could never pull of the subtle paneling you are doing.

Thanks dude. Yeah, time and money.... hehehe don't tell the wife. :)

I bought a batch of kits once many years ago, and the guy threw in a completed Revell Voyager at 1400. It was nicely done, but I've never felt that it was truly mine. The Alliance kit was always on my to-do, so, I finally hunkered down and got it. When I finish I'll post side by sides with the Revell one I have. With that one, I plan on stripping it down and starting over, and maybe make the Bellerophon. They are very similar, its just the Alliance has more, and sharper details. Pair it up with the JT Graphics decals and it's pretty nice. I'm gettin close. Hoping to have it done by Sunday!

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby novahobbies » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:47 pm

.....gonna light it??? :D

(do it do it DOOOO ITTTTTTT!!)

Return to “1/1400”