Nemesis Enterprise E

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
Father Cool
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: Nemesis Enterprise E

Post by Father Cool »

Ok I came back it it today and both coil and bussard work when connecting the wires although the bussard on the one that failed does seem a tad less bright than the other for some reason.

It's looking like it isn't a connection in the ship but I can't explain the issue now, unless there is a high resistance connection in that nacelle causing current flow to that nacelle to be restricted in some way.
Father Cool
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Father Cool »

That may be true buddy, however I cannot access the usb plug for the xiao unless I open up the nacelle. There's a lesson here I think!
Father Cool
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Father Cool »

It's not so much screen accuracy as much as I made some terrible wiring decisions lol
Father Cool
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Father Cool »

Ok so I took off the chiller grille and have discovered that the port nacelle has a dead negative which is bad news really. Not sure where the dry joint is but hoping it is at the nacelle. That way I can do a local repair. If not then I will have to get into the body which is not good at all.
John316
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by John316 »

Did you find your bad ground?
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. Albert Einstein
Father Cool
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Father Cool »

It appears to be inside either the pylon or where it connects inside the secondary hull. Both bad news really. I am now contemplating an external solution using motor wire embedded on panel joints and soldered to the brass post at thw bottom. I can then use that as an independent ground. My only concern there is the potential current flow capability of the motor wire.
John316
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by John316 »

May i suggest removing the shuttlebay door and making a hole behind (wont compromise the model ) and probably have access to the culprit . Depending how you did the wires of course
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. Albert Einstein
Father Cool
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Father Cool »

No its not buddy. I have my multimeter on the wire each end and its not connected. I have no ground coming into the nacelle now. It is no longer intermittent. The board in the nacelle work perfectly if I drive it directly into the nacelle with a lead.

It may be worth looking at the shuttle bay door option but its a hell of a small hole to work through. At least I may be able to do a continuity check through there maybe.
Father Cool
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Father Cool »

It no longer lights and if it does its faintly for a fraction of a second, the blue coil does too and it is on a separate feed but shares the ground so the dead ground makes sense as the issue.

The connection is far from the shuttlebay door so don't think I can get in there to test. Even if I could I couldn't fix it so think I will have to resort to me external wiring plan. There is a panel route virtually the whole way so should be doable.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

I never thought I’d say this but… THANK GOD FOR PANEL LINES! :lol:
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Return to “1/1400”