USS Enterprise NCC-1701.....G

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: USS Enterprise NCC-1701.....G

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Tesral wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:54 pm
Xen wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:12 pm they are great looking models but i refuse to accept that ship as the new enterprise.
Haven't they heard it's bad luck to rechristen a ship?
and a slap to the face to the previous captain and the crew that just saved the Federation, let along the ship's heritage
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

The TPTB have demonstrated plenty of times where the fans can go.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Vahmp »

Hi all,
Just chiming in on something Jamie said here...
Jamie wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:51 pm The CG models could look a lot better, the problem is how they're choosing to present the ships. Dark and hazy, with heavy bloom lighting. And there's too much variation in the texture of the hull, so on top of the traditional aztec paneling you have this splotchy quality. Which I guess is supposed to communicate scale, but I think just looks bad.
The ship is beautiful design. Bill Krause did an ausome job designing her, so ausome in fact that Paramount hired him and bought his design. That ship, the Titan/Ent-G.

(My honest opinion):
Now to say that there is a "traditional aztec paneling", that's going over board. Unless I'm mistaken, which I don't think I am. There is NO traditional Aztec Pattern in the plating. It's just random plating with no pattern at all, like any of the StarFleet ships have, like the Ent-A B C D and E and so on and so fourth.

As far as I know, this is Aztec Pattern
1000 Connie Refit 1.jpg
The Titan does not have a pattern on the top nor the bottom of the saucer.
He didn't go to the trouble of creating a pattern, he just slapped a mish mash of masking squares on her and painted.
And thats what the guys in Paramount copied and CGIed on to the show. (My honest opinion close)

Anyways...
Just my 2 cents
Laterz,
V.
Laterz...
Vahmp

Return to “1/1400”