USS Galaxy NX-70637

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
Crimson87
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Re: USS Galaxy NX-70637

Post by Crimson87 »

Both are really neat.

I'm going to be working on my USS Trident NCC-71343 pretty soon. I'll be taking design cues from both of these for it.

My thought on the ship will be Dominion War era. One of two galaxy classes that were declared destroyed or irrepairable, but then commandeered by section 31 instead. They were given, refits, klingon cloaking devices, and extra supplies to be self-sufficient for long periods. Then were ordered behind enemy lines to pick off targets of opportunity and listen in and report enemy coms traffic without notice (basically like a sub) and not engage with any of starfleet other than section 31 operative ships. We can't have the Treaty of Algeron be nullified now can we ?

Will be a fun update of the build...
warped one

Post by warped one »

Crimson87 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:35 am Both are really neat.

I'm going to be working on my USS Trident NCC-71343 pretty soon. I'll be taking design cues from both of these for it.

My thought on the ship will be Dominion War era. One of two galaxy classes that were declared destroyed or irrepairable, but then commandeered by section 31 instead. They were given, refits, klingon cloaking devices, and extra supplies to be self-sufficient for long periods. Then were ordered behind enemy lines to pick off targets of opportunity and listen in and report enemy coms traffic without notice (basically like a sub) and not engage with any of starfleet other than section 31 operative ships. We can't have the Treaty of Algeron be nullified now can we ?

Will be a fun update of the build...
Sounds like a great plan!
Crimson87

Post by Crimson87 »

Dr_Corsa wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:32 pm Hold my syntherol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael
What are you using for basecoat colors?

Originally I was using Testors duck egg blue and light ghost gray. With the light ghost gray spray toned down by duck egg blue when the full aztek is on to reduce contrast. With Testor's gone I've switched to Vallejo Light Blue 71.382 and Light Ghost Gray to try to approximate the old colors. I attempted Vallejo's duck egg blue, but It was a disaster due to Vallejo's duck egg looking green rather than blue. Your colors look high contrast and very similar to my old setup pre-spray-tone-down.
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hi,

the base comes from the PlaymTes AGT Future Enterprise D, which can perform as a normal version. So the golden color is genuine Playmates. I only have added the Revell silver on some spaces. It's number 90 in the EU.

Greeting,
Michael
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
ian
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by ian »

Love it!

Return to “1/1400”