USS Defiant 1/1400

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
PopeTerry
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Re: USS Defiant 1/1400

Post by PopeTerry »

Just thought I'd do a quick update on my Defiant. I believe I have now finished scribing the panel lines so I decided to give thepdel a tidy up. I sanded down some of the printing lines as best I could without sanding down some of the raised details. I also removed the remains of some of the supports, unfortunately I broke off a couple of pieces under the deflector.

Luckily I have some plastic rods which I bought to eventually replace some broken and missing parts on another model I have. They are not perfect but they are a similar size, so they do look somewhat ok.

Once that was dried I gave the ship a coat of primer and also strted on painting the base. The gold on the base seems quite thin so I might still need another coat or two.

JeepSwensonFan1980
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by JeepSwensonFan1980 »

Tough little ship.
ProfArturo
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by ProfArturo »

So frustrating when something breaks, but least you fixed it, and no one else will ever notice the difference.
PopeTerry

Post by PopeTerry »

My Defiant is very slowly progressing. I decided on Tamiya As16 Light Grey for the base coat.

I was happy with how it looked at first and started applying the various blues. I had majority of the blue painted, when I suddenly decided that I wasn't happy with the grey and that it look too beige now that the blues were applied.

I thought I would try out my new airbrush and give the model a coat of a lighter grey. After testing out some of the other light greys I have I decided on Humbrol 147.

I now can't decide whether it's now too light. I'll have to paint the blues again and see how it looks.

Return to “1/1400”