What new kits in the scale are you hoping for?

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
cosika321
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: What new kits in the scale are you hoping for?

Post by cosika321 »

paul01 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:44 am
I'd also like an
Excelsior II, Reliant, Ross, Sutherland, and Odyssey. But I can definitely live with them being delayed a bit for the others mentioned above.
I'm actually working on the Excelsior II as we speak. I have already completed the Reliant, Ross, Sutherland, Duderstadt, Gagarin, and Pathfinder classes in both 2500 and 1400 scale for a couple of customer orders. I still have the Edison, Echelon and Alita classes to go. I already have the Sagan class completed in both scales, too. All of these were part of the assimilated fleet in Picard season 3.

When they're all completed, I'll create decals for them and announce their availability for purchase.

I was also planning on doing the Odyssey class in both scales if there's enough demand.

I spend approx 2hrs/day working on rendering them. While I think, it'll still be atleast another 3 - 4 months before everything is finished, I'd love to get a show of hands for anyone interested in them...
I'll raise my hand for a good number of these, especially the Excelsior II; Reliant and Gagarin and Pathfinder. While I would love the Odyssey in 1/1400 scale, it would be huge and therefore very expensive. I would get 2 in 1/2500 if available - I'd want to build the Enterprise-F of course and my ship I play on STO.
Crimson87
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by Crimson87 »

Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hello,

Paul, I have some questions about the Voyager J. Can you prit this in 1400 scale. It would be 32,35 cm long. Since the ship has free flying nacelles and separated body, I would like to ask, it it would be possible to print all parts with tiny and symmetrical holes. I would use clear styrene rods to connect all parts together. I think the best would be 2 holes for each nacelle a 2 mm in diameter and 3 holes for the primary and secondary hull. This should be angled and 4 mm in diameter. They can be drilled up by myself, if necessary. I attached a pic below, how I mean that... it's a simple painting and not symmetrical, but this is the idea and I think it's better, than the clamps from eaglemoss...

Another question is: can you print the primary and secondary hull as one pease respectively? Is your printer big enough for this? And the last wish from me would be the deflector as separate part, so that there would be 5 parts totally. The deflector as extra part because it would be easier to paint it.

Thanks,
Michael
Attachments
Screenshot_20230708-195747~2.png
voyager-j.jpg
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
paul01
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by paul01 »

I might be able to print each hull as one, but I wouldn't know until I finishing rendering the ship. I can definitely add in the holes as requested. It may be a while before I get around to it as there are a number of ships I'm trying to finish from past orders (including decals which also need to then be created for each one).
- Paul
"It's time to put an end to your 'trek' through the stars and make room for more worthy species"
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hi,

Ok, that sounds good! For me it's not a problem to wait.

Btw, yesterday I found this page here:

https://wixiban.com/toys/eaglemoss-universe.htm

There are some interesting 32 century ships, like the Tikhov. In a 1400 scale it would be only 3.8 cm long. The Dreselhaus and the Curie are in the same size as the Enterprise E from AMT. I guess I would like to orden them someday. For me definitely too bis is the neo neo neo Constitution class. 1 meter is too long for home...

Michael
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
cosika321
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by cosika321 »

Does anyone do the Inquiry class ( Zheng He) in 1/1400 scale? My preference would be the Picard season 2/3 version with the updated secondary hull/ deflector, but season one version is ok too.
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Paul has printed one for me. Actually it's on my desk.... 39 cm long Zheng He. You can find the pics in my thread here below.

Michael
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa »

So guys,

The woundedfast was again. And R2 has a lot of fantastic newas for us.

https://culttvman.com/main/round-2-star ... onderfest/

They will bring the Enterprise D back, they will release other Federation and Klingon Vessels and the best is they will bring the USS Cerritos from Lower Decks in 1:1400 scale! Maybe end of this year!

Michael
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
JeepSwensonFan1980
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by JeepSwensonFan1980 »

I want them to do the Negh'Var.
Scavenger21XX
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Scavenger21XX »

Dr_Corsa wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:37 pm So guys,

The woundedfast was again. And R2 has a lot of fantastic newas for us.

https://culttvman.com/main/round-2-star ... onderfest/

They will bring the Enterprise D back, they will release other Federation and Klingon Vessels and the best is they will bring the USS Cerritos from Lower Decks in 1:1400 scale! Maybe end of this year!

Michael
I'm glad the D is back, I wanted to do an All good things version at some point but was having a hard time finding another vintage kit.

Return to “1/1400”