Nx-01 refit

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".

Nx-01 refit

Postby Hossfly72 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:44 am

I've found several 1/2500 NX ships, but which one is considered "the best"?
And I have yet to find either the refit version or a conversion kit in 1/2500. Could somebody please point me in the right direction if such a beat exists?
non est ad astra mollis e terris via
Hossfly72
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Re: Nx-01 refit

Postby Burke » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:13 am

Afaik it doesn't exist. I like only have the ftoys in 1/2500
Burke
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby Hossfly72 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:30 am

Thanks Burke. I figured it was a dream, but I had hope. If you get a chance, could you post a pic of the Ftoy one? I've never seen or heard of Ftoys.
Hossfly72

Postby Scotchyn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 am

According to Adam from resin modeler he will be doing the refit version sometime this year
Scotchyn
3/4 Highlander, 1/4 Tamale
3/4 Highlander, 1/4 Tamale

Postby MEATLOAFr » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:19 am

I have the ftoy version and the resin one

3D Funding, please help out
http://www.gofundme.com/4xfs60
MEATLOAFr
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby Resin-Modeller » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:05 pm

Scotchyn wrote:According to Adam from resin modeler he will be doing the refit version sometime this year

Will be a little while off though but yeah, will be available later in 2014 :)

Ad'
RESIN MODELLER

1/2500 and 1/1400 Scale Star Trek Modeller. New Models monthly.
Full listings can be found here and are dispatched across the globe!
Resin-Modeller
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby el gato » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Last year a friend gave me the VA Miniatures version. I don't recall the details well enough to tell if this is the version MEATLOAFr presented. The VA version is OK from a build standpoint, but it is inaccurate and a creature of its time. The master must have been sculpted at the time of early press releases for the NX. The ventral side of the saucer is not as flat as the "real" ship and the dorsal details are too simplified. I think the nacelles are undersized. Since you're asking for the "best" version, you'll want to stay away from VA's. If you can, then wait for Adam's when it comes out. If you can't wait, then get the FToys.

I don't like the NX and I hate ENT*, so instead of trying to make it accurate I might modify it to turn it into a different type of ship.

* Maybe it's vice versa :lol:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
el gato
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Postby Hossfly72 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:09 am

It took a while for ENT to grow on me. Still HATE the theme song though! Might have something to do with the fact that when it came out I was dating a girl who was a Trek fan, loved the 3 Stooges, cooked like Paula Dean and , well, nevermind.... But she was pretty cool. Sadly, she turned out to be a little psycho.
I just recently rewatched all four seasons on Amazon Prime though, and there were some pretty good stories mixed in with the Xindi/time travel arc. Not quite as campy and "hippyesque" as TOS, although I still love that too.
Hossfly72

Postby MEATLOAFr » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:05 am

el gato wrote:Last year a friend gave me the VA Miniatures version. I don't recall the details well enough to tell if this is the version MEATLOAFr presented. The VA version is OK from a build standpoint, but it is inaccurate and a creature of its time. The master must have been sculpted at the time of early press releases for the NX. The ventral side of the saucer is not as flat as the "real" ship and the dorsal details are too simplified. I think the nacelles are undersized. Since you're asking for the "best" version, you'll want to stay away from VA's. If you can, then wait for Adam's when it comes out. If you can't wait, then get the FToys.

I don't like the NX and I hate ENT*, so instead of trying to make it accurate I might modify it to turn it into a different type of ship.

* Maybe it's vice versa :lol:

Yeah that's the VA one, can never remember that.. I bought it almost 10 years ago when it first came out, as upi can see a little paint is a far as I got with it (just was not happy with the detail of it)

I bought the fToys ones (NX and Mirror versions) a little over a year ago, much happier with them
3D Funding, please help out
http://www.gofundme.com/4xfs60
MEATLOAFr
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby harristotle » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Is there an NX-01 available in clear resin?
harristotle
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Next

Return to 1/2500