What's in store for... aw, who's counting?

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

What's in store for... aw, who's counting?

Post by el gato »

Some of you know I build by seasons. Spring is here, the beginning of the build season is here. What's on this year's agenda? Here it is. How many ships can you name?

Last edited by el gato on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: What's in store for 2014, you ask?

Post by SingleMind »

Your gonna build all those in a couple of months :?: :!: :!: :!:
Confidence - that feeling you get right before you fully understand the situation.
asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney »

Nice! I'm especially looking forward to seeing you do the Neula, Jem'Hadar battleship and the AGT Klingon battleship - did you get the Negh'Var upgrade for that one?

Going to light any of them?
"No matter where you go, there you are."

My fledgling YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PapanurgleForums
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by RogueWolf »

I'd be very happy if I could just start something, and FINISH it.
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

First panel- no problem naming.
Second panel- problem.

Good luck with keeping the kitties from sitting on them.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

SingleMind wrote:Your gonna build all those in a couple of months :?: :!: :!: :!:
Well... not in a couple of months. I concentrate on building spring through early fall. Fall I spend painting. Winter is decals. Of which I'm behind from last year's batch... :?
asmcelhinney wrote:AGT Klingon battleship - did you get the Negh'Var upgrade for that one?

Yes, the upgrade pieces are to the right of battleship body, right above the impulse housing :) Sadly, no lighting. Way beyond my skills and, frankly, I'm a-feared
Moongrim wrote:Good luck with keeping the kitties from sitting on them.
Lesson learned, Moon, lesson learned...
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Where did you get the pod for that Nebula?
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Only ten kits that you saw in the first picture were actually purchased by me. A lot of what you see in that picture are mostly random parts a good friend sent to me around Christmas. They were left over parts that I guess he wasn't going to build or use. Most of them were sufficient to build a couple of ships. For a few I had to use donor parts from other kits I already had to complete something. For the remainder, I had to rely on "a little help from my friends" (who remain nameless but have my gratitude).

Long story short: The Nebula pod as well as the engineering hull was among the pieces I received. I bought a PL E-D kit to be able to finish the ship. I think VA Miniatures has a conversion kit that you can find at FedMod.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

Yes, there is a Nebula conversion kit. I bought one a few years back at WonderFest from Federation Models. It's produced by VA Miniatures. I really need to pick up the Phoenix variant at some point.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
harristotle
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by harristotle »

el gato wrote:
asmcelhinney wrote:AGT Klingon battleship - did you get the Negh'Var upgrade for that one?

Yes, the upgrade pieces are to the right of battleship body, right above the impulse housing :) Sadly, no lighting. Way beyond my skills and, frankly, I'm a-feared
Absolutely not beyond your skills! Taking the plunge and getting over the fear of the first lighted setup is the hardest part.
"I'm your huckleberry"

Return to “1/2500”