What's in store for... aw, who's counting?

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: What's in store for 2015, you ask?

Post by RogueWolf »

el gato wrote:OK so I changed the title to reflect that a lot of these models are going to be built and finished this year. I'll post pics soon of where I am with most of these guys. Unfortunately, the Daedalus revisit is MIA. It is one of the two things that were victims of the move. The other one is my iPod. I've looked everywhere for them, at least the realistic places where they cold be. It's been 3 months since the move. I'm starting to lose hope. And so far God is not throwing me a bone
el gato wrote: Daedalus revisit, hospital ship USS Maria (named after one of my grandmothers, 3D printed):

I want one of these! So cool!!!
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

The problem is that the model is no longer offered on Shapeways. :cry: :crying: Even worse, I can't find the designer to ask him/her to make it available again. If I can't find it, it's lost forever.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

el gato wrote:The problem is that the model is no longer offered on Shapeways. :cry: :crying: Even worse, I can't find the designer to ask him/her to make it available again. If I can't find it, it's lost forever.
Opportunity knocks. A great time to learn how to program the graphics...
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

I thought of that. Unfortunately curves and spheres are my Waterloo in 3D drawings.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by RogueWolf »

I think I have a plastic sphere about that size in (one of) my parts bins.
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Yeah, I suppose I could attempt to bash this... grr, it just makes me mad it went MIA. Gosh darn me for catching something that needed further puttying. Otherwise it would be in the "need to paint" box, where it was, safe & sound
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Badly needed update. Some of the stuff that I've assembled so far and await to be painted & decaled:

I think I mentioned that a friend gave me a bunch of starship parts in 2013. While I had enough pieces to assemble the ship that they came from, I decided to do some kitbashes. The USS Wasp came from the VA Miniatures "Stingray cruiser." I didn't like the design, so I made the Prime Universe version of the USS Hornet. I used the "space warper" nacelles offered by itsjess and a photon rollbar that came with the lot. This is as close as I'll ever come to a fanboy design:
Wasp Hornet.jpg
Wasp.jpg
The USS Irma came from the VA Miniatures "Command Cruiser." Again, I didn't like the design so I grafted a neck and saucer leftover from my Phase II Enterprise into the body and the MultiVerse sensor pod to create a cool science ship. The saucer was repurposed to create a new ship, soon to be unveiled:
Irma.jpg
The USS Tomas came from the VA Miniatures Dreadnaught. This I built stock:
Tomas.jpg
This is a 3D printed "Retro-prise." I was going to finish it as-is, but it ended up being much larger than a 2500 E, so I "converted" it to a 2500 diplomatic cruiser by adding a bridge module and leftover impulse engines from a Refit and the Gizmo Excelsior. She will be called the USS Kim Demongey:
Kim.jpg
This Hideki was enhanced by adding greebles to the ventral side based on the filming miniatures that Del posted in his Hideki build. My eternal thanks to him for finding and posting those pictures. I think it came out decently:
hideki.jpg
This is the MultiVerse tender:
tender.jpg
Then I found these on Shapeways. The Hero Clix Nova class is dead on as the 2500 version based on the published 180m length. But as in all things Star Trek, there's an argument to be made that 180m is too small for the ship, especially based on the interior shots. It's plausible that the ship is 220 m, and these were close enough for 2500 versions of the Nova and Rhode Island variants. Here they are next to the OS Voyager and they look good:
Vger-Nova-RI.jpg
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

They all look yummy El Gato. A pity they're all just 2500. :?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
marcnoonan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by marcnoonan »

Moongrim wrote:They all look yummy El Gato. A pity they're all just 2500. :?
:blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup:

Are there other scales??? lol
el gato wrote:The problem is that the model is no longer offered on Shapeways. :cry: :crying: Even worse, I can't find the designer to ask him/her to make it available again. If I can't find it, it's lost forever.
I'll be doing a 1/2500 Daedalus soonish. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Haven't had time to any of my own models for a while though. But I just got myself a 1/2500 (of course) BSG Valkyrie so I'll be doing some Vipers/Stealth Vipers to go with it too, as well as the XCV, Warp Delta. Really want the SS Emmette too but can't find one.

Models all look great mate, I've got both the OS Nova's and I'm happy with them sat next to Voyager.

Cheers

Marc
My Shapeways Shop
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/1/2500%2 ... e-products

Gallery
http://www.shapeways.com/designer/marcnoonan
If there's any model of anything you want that's not available anywhere.....send me a PM.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

marcnoonan wrote:
Moongrim wrote:They all look yummy El Gato. A pity they're all just 2500. :?
:blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup: :blownup:

Are there other scales??? lol
Yeah, seriously, what are you getting at Moon?
marcnoonan wrote:
I'll be doing a 1/2500 Daedalus soonish. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Haven't had time to any of my own models for a while though. But I just got myself a 1/2500 (of course) BSG Valkyrie so I'll be doing some Vipers/Stealth Vipers to go with it too, as well as the XCV, Warp Delta. Really want the SS Emmette too but can't find one.

Models all look great mate, I've got both the OS Nova's and I'm happy with them sat next to Voyager.

Cheers

Marc
The one that I lost was an "updated" take on the Daedalus. It was slightly bigger and the designer put in several elements to make the design closer to the TOS era. I still have my Daedalus, which will be the Horizon:
el gato wrote: Daedalus Class USS Horizon (3D printed):

The one I've lost:
el gato wrote:Daedalus revisit, hospital ship USS Maria (named after one of my grandmothers, 3D printed):

Return to “1/2500”