AMT "Ships of the Line" 1/2500 Reliant Review

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Polar Light Ships of the Line, Ship #3 Series 1. Kit Rev

Post by DefiantClient »

Drop_Bear wrote: I reckon that a magnifier is a good investment for anyone, regardless of age. Eyestrain is not only annoying but, I believe, also bad for your eyesight in the long term.
That's a myth along the lines of carrots being good for your eyesight. Eye strain can cause severe discomfort and/or terrible headaches. Still sucks, but it's not debilitating.

Seeing this Reliant kit together is giving me inspiration to work on some 1/2500 tabletop game rules. Can't wait to pick one of these up.
Last edited by DefiantClient on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Whoops, double post. Sorry.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

DefiantClient wrote:
Drop_Bear wrote: I reckon that a magnifier is a good investment for anyone, regardless of age. Eyestrain is not only annoying but, I believe, also bad for your eyesight in the long term.
That's a myth along the lines of carrots being good for your eyesight. Eye strain can cause severe discomfort and/or terrible headaches. Still sucks, but it's not debilitating.
Tell that to all those orange British fighter pilot of WWII. :D Yea to improve their night vision they stuffed them with carrots until the beta keratin turned the blobs into Umpa Lumpas.

I have lighted magnifiers on my work bench., Indefensible with my awful eyes. So much so that rather than the clamped on thing they come with I drilled a hole in the table for it.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

They're currently offered at $16 (American) at Starship Modeler:
https://starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index. ... ished.html
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Tesral wrote: Tell that to all those orange British fighter pilot of WWII. :D Yea to improve their night vision they stuffed them with carrots until the beta keratin turned the blobs into Umpa Lumpas.
HAHA! Yup, that's where that myth originated. Forgot about the orange skin side effect. That part was no myth. :lol:

Maybe if we BINGE these carrots our night vision will be better! Nope. Enjoy your time at the chocolate factory.
Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear »

Alright, I could be wrong about the eyestrain damaging your eyesight. I think I'm right, though. But I won't argue. I have heard the one about British pilots being fed carrots to improve night vision. Forget about orange skin, can you imagine what it must have done to their bowels?
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: AMT Ships of the Line, Ship #3 Series 1. Kit Review.

Post by DefiantClient »

Drop_Bear wrote:Alright, I could be wrong about the eyestrain damaging your eyesight. I think I'm right, though.
HAHA! Right on. I do encourage looking into it though. :)

Just curious, is this kit out currently or is this a preview along with a review? I prefer to shop at my local store, but they tend to get things in a little late unless I order them myself. :( They're usually good at getting one or two new kits in but they tend to get snatched up quick.
holt35
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by holt35 »

Very nice :D I'm not a 1/2500 guy I like 1/1000 better myself but for a fast fun build I may have to pick up one of these with a little paint work around the B/C deck it can look just as detailed as a 1/1000 scale kit. Great job Round 2 now do this with the refit also.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I took a look at my local hobby shop, they didn't have either this series of kit available or the new 1K pre-decorated one yet.
Alas.
I was looking forwards to judging the size differential between the TOS Enterprise and the Defiant.

And even though I complain about sacred scale sizes, I do have a few in my stash. I'm giving serious thought to start putting them together now. The Reliant inspired me.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: AMT "Ships of the Line" 1/2500 Reliant Review

Post by patrickivan »

It looks pretty neat. Did you measure to see if the scale was accurate? Those tiny decals though- ugh.

Return to “1/2500”