3D Printing Crazy

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
ewg1967
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Re: 3D Printing Crazy

Post by ewg1967 »

Tesral wrote: It is not an antenna. That is the escape rocket. Should something go totally wrong on the pad or early in the launch,, it was optimistically designed to pull the command module free and far enough away to not get involved in the kablooey.
Right you are Tersal. That launch escape rocket has quite a story on its own. I also build flying model rockets when not building plastic kits. Here is my Little Joe II I built last Summer. For those that don’t know, the Little Joe II was the test rocket built specifically to test the launch escape system for the Apollo program leading up to the Saturn V.
3E9A06E1-0EAA-459C-9825-77BDE8777B4D.jpeg
marcnoonan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by marcnoonan »

marcnoonan wrote: When you've finished painting the NASA ones, do you mind if I use your pics (Planet express too) to add to the items on my Shapeways shop?
Yes, you certainly may use my pics, I'd be honored!

Yes, I've seen your ships on Shapeways and have several on my wish list. I'm a huge B5 fan and hope to get many of them as well.

Wow, that's an amazing collection you have there! That Shadow ship is magnificent![/quote]

Thank You for letting me use them. I can either grab them from your Flickr or if you've got the time to email them over my address is marcnoonan@hotmail.com.

The Shadow Battlecrab is my favourite and it's the Warp model and just about works in 1/2500 as the smallest one that was in the Mars Dome. They do come up on Ebay occasionally or there's another version by Bad-Azz or Howling Wolf available from JT-Graphics. They also have the Vorlon Dreadnought which is spot on for 1/2500 too. :D
Vorlon Dreadnought 6.jpg
Vorlon Dreadnought 5.jpg
Vorlon Dreadnought 1.jpg
Cheers

Marc
My Shapeways Shop
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/1/2500%2 ... e-products

Gallery
http://www.shapeways.com/designer/marcnoonan
If there's any model of anything you want that's not available anywhere.....send me a PM.
ewg1967

Post by ewg1967 »

So RL has been trying it's best to sideline me but I was finally able to finish up my 3D printed NX-01 Enterprise refit. The decals are a mix from MEATLOAFr and some extras I had laying around.
IMG_0224.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0254.jpg
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

ewg1967 wrote:So RL has been trying it's best to sideline me but I was finally able to finish up my 3D printed NX-01 Enterprise refit. The decals are a mix from MEATLOAFr and some extras I had laying around.
IMG_0224.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0254.jpg
That is a mighty fine ship. I will have to get one at some point.
You have detailed it very nicely indeed. What was your basecoat?
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
ewg1967

Post by ewg1967 »

mophius wrote:What was your basecoat?
Thanks mophius :) This one had been on the back burner for a bit but if I recall correctly I think I used Testors Flat Light Aircraft Gray from a rattle can. If I had to do it again I think I'd use a bit darker gray, but all in all I'm happy with it.

Here is a nice comparison with the original NX-01.
IMG_0330.jpg
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by RogueWolf »

Looks awesome, I love how you have done your refit, looks very fitting for the TOS timeline.
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

looks great, really has the TOS feel to it
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!

Return to “1/2500”